(39) 's Extra Blueprint Nodes for You as a Plugin, No C++ Required!

I’ve now updated github! Lovely to hear from you @teak421 !

I did a 4.13 update, somewhereeeeeee :slight_smile: I will get a 4.14 version soon as I can and post location in bold lettering with a Rainbow Outline thanks to 4.14 :slight_smile:

<RainbowOutline>
Here is My Vertex Snap / Instanced Static Mesh Editor Plugin for 4.13!

is a full project, please set the ISM class to be VictoryISM from my Victory Plugin in Project Settings
</RainbowOutline>

4.14 is on the way

I get to it just fine, though I have a UE4-linked github so that might help :slight_smile:

Thank you again for the sharing!

:heart:

Victory Ed Engine 4.14

Dear Community,

For those of you who were not aware, I have a Vertex Snap Editor Plugin that makes offers several different visual representations of vertices for static meshes so you can easily line things up exactly in the level editor!

I also offer a Instanced Static Mesh Editor where you can merge static mesh actors directly in the level viewport, and also unmerge at any if you decide you want to adjust your chosen formation!

of these features work with the UE4 undo redo system.

Victory Ed Engine Plugin uses my Victory Plugin for the VictoryISM class.

I am including the entire 4.14 project that shows how everything has to be setup, including DefaultEngine.ini

Victory Ed Engine Project 4.14

Victory Ed Engine Project 4.13

Enjoy!

Thanks for your reply . I only found one “Download Image” node from blueprint. Is that you mentioned here? Thanks.

Hi ,
Thanks for amazing Plugin.

I am trying to read a texture (png., jpg.) from androids sdcard…
I compiled a ue4 project from Visual Studio for development x64.
I saved a Plugin in project folder.

It is packaging very well.
Bit unfortanly I can not get it to read a image files from sdcard.
I tried also to read a txt. file with real string array, bit no success.

Any advice would be very welcome.
Thanks,

Dear ,

I am using UE4’s UFS system (Unreal File System) and I am not sure if they have an implementation for the hardware setup that you are describing, if they do, it should work automatically with my existing code, but if special code is required for your device you will need to investigate that somehow :slight_smile:

I wish you luck!

Dear Community,

node is sufficiently cutting-edge that I decided to make a video of it!

node allows you to destroy individual pieces of a destructible mesh after it has been fractured!

Enjoy the video!

=T6eQtoius1E

**Latest plugin download on the UE4 Wiki: (7.16 mb) **

Not using the latest engine version? Check out my wiki section on which plugin release dates go with which engine version!

Plugin Release Dates and UE4 Engine Versions

**Victory Plugin Binaries for Packaged Games**

https://wiki.unrealengine.com/File:VictoryPluginPackaged.zip

Victory Plugin on Media Fire

If your browser is not updating the Wiki download page to the most recent version, you can use my alternative Media Fire download link!

Please note the mediafire version includes both the editor and packaged game binaries in the same file :heart:

**Donations**

New Download for UE4 4.14 (57mb, Media Fire)

:heart: Please note I now use the UE4 Marketplace C++ Plugin Standard when packaging Victory plugin for you :heart:

1. Win64 Development
  2. Win64 Shipping <~~~~~~ NEW!
  3. Win32 Development
  4. Win32 Shipping
  5. HTML5 Development
  6. HTML5 Shipping <~~~~~~ NEW!

Please see my instructions for Packaging UE4 Plugins With Your Game.

**Prior Engine Versions**

**4.12: **http://www.mediafire.com/download/g441k2815r5b045/VictoryPlugin12.zip

**4.11: **http://www.mediafire.com/download/jp91b9atphm2obt/VictoryPlugin11.zip

**4.13: **https://www.mediafire.com/?7kt9fepwa1pgs0y

Donations can be sent to me via:

:heart:

T2d

Hey o/,

im trying to read the Pixel data from an Image for the purpose of generating a hexmap.

having some issues with the Pixel functions tho, maybe someone could help me understand whats happening and how i can make it work :>

the setup

2016-11-27 - 17.34.49 ~ MyImgur v3.85 - myimgur.eden.fm.png
the image scaled up (its 80x80 something)

2016-11-27 - 17.43.16 ~ MyImgur v3.85 - myimgur.eden.fm.png
is how it looks in unreal after the pixel functions did change the settings

2016-11-27 - 17.35.37 ~ MyImgur v3.85 - myimgur.eden.fm.png
The result

i planned on writing a function to convert my tiles index to the pixel array index but isnt looking right at :Y.

I am not bound to the scale or the size at , tried it with bigger images aswellContent.png
but i noticed that unreal will crash on bigger pictures.

Edit:

i kinda suspected it already but havnt tested it since a minute ago <.< Content.bmp (23.9 KB)

Thing is now, that the image seems to be read with inverted x/y aswell, cutting off the right side of the image, could make the image with equal x/y and ignore some part of it to make it work for now i guess

thanks for awesome plugin btw !

Great stuff. Thanks, .

I’ve just popped in to mention a little bug I’ve spotted in one of your plugin’s nodes. In the ‘Widget Get Children of Class’ node, for some reason it duplicates the children in the array that it returns. Therefore, when I use a ForLoop with array as its input, I need a Boolean that returns true if the current index is less than half the length of the array, so that I can ignore the duplicates.

Cheers!

That’ll be my bad.
I’ll check it out and submit a fix shortly as required.

EDIT: Submitted pull request with fix.

for ios please add lines into VictoryPlugin/Source/VictoryBPLibrary/Private/VictoryBPFunctionLibrary.cpp:4754 top of the function-> fillSoundWaveInfo add #if !(PLATFORM_PS4 && PLATFORM_IOS) //old version only #if !PLATFORM_PS4
and VictoryPlugin/Source/VictoryBPLibrary/Private/VictoryBPFunctionLibrary.cpp:4719 into function->GetSoundWaveFromFile(const FString& FilePath) add #if PLATFORM_PS4 && PLATFORM_IOS //old version only #if PLATFORM_PS4
Line numbers may be inaccurate because I did corrections.

load form path

Dose any node can load a Path of Texture jpg file name and output? not one image.
how?

Hello, !

I am getting compiler error in 4.14:

VictoryBPFunctionLibrary.cpp(17): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: ‘HeadMountedDisplay.h’: No such file or directory

Does anybody else get or is limited to my side?

Cheers,

I had problem too until just now. You have to go into your game and enable the VR plugins. I’m not sure which one specifically contains it - possibly by enabling any of them it will include that header? - but I had disabled oculus, steam vr, and the others. Enabling the VR plugins allowed it to compile fine

Hey, ! I want to congratulate you on your great work. I’m a student and have been trying to learn UE4 and game development.

Did not took me long to realize you’re quite a famous personality in community.

I’ve been trying to achieve a functionality on to pick an image and save it as a texture 2D in the project. I had 50% thing i.e accessing the media store content provider from the project via event fire and opening gallery to pick the Image. However, as I was about to do the other 50% i.e saving that image in the project. I bumped into plugin and saw the file path to Texture 2D node. Sadly, I guess the plugin does not work with mobile.

I’ve tried every crazy idea that came into my mind and experimenting with different nodes of amazing plugin. But sadly of the booleans return false :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyhow, I just wanted to say thanks, which already countless people may have given you. plugin is truly something special. Wish it was compatible with mobile devices too. Guess no shortcuts for me. hehe.

Stay awesome. <3

Nice to see that plugin is still going on!
Could you already include your UDP Receive/Send BP functions? These are available in the Wiki already as i see, so it shouldnt be a big deal to just include them in the lib :slight_smile:

Heya!

Just upgraded to 4.14 and VictoryLoadLevelInstance crashes the editor while UE4’s version works just fine (but has other issues).

Not blocked, just thought you’d like to know

Hi :
A little more info about the editor crash upon calling VictoryLoadLevelInstance:

Crashes in …\Engine\Source\Runtime\CoreUObject\Private\Templates\Casts.cpp - Line 11
Cast of Package /Engine/Transient to World failed

In VictoryBPLibrary.Build.cs if you add code:

PublicDependencyModuleNames.AddRange(
new string]
{
“Core”,
“HeadMountedDisplay”
// … add other public dependencies that you statically link with here …
}
);

It will actually compile, too.

If you use a T2D that has been compressed by UE4 or had its format changed internally, it is guaranteed to look funny coming back out as raw pixel array :slight_smile:

If you load a raw pixel array yourself, or load a .bmp, and then save it back out again, it should be fine.

The with T2D -> pixels in the C++ code is that there is no easy function to undo compression that has been performed on the original resource of a T2D, at least the last I checked that was my conclusion. If anyone finds a way let me know!

If you click on your T2D texture asset in UE4 and** turn off compression** that should help quite a bit

Hi there! Welcome to the UE4 forums!

Can you please wrap your code with

[CODE(rightbracket)
Put your code here
[/CODE(rightbracket)

so I can read it more easily?

replace rightbracket with ] for actual usage (it will not show up if I do that)

I already include “HeadMountedDisplay” as a dependency and I also dont get any compile errors, so I can only assume those who got error were working with a custom version somehow :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Shobhitthackar;633874]
Anyhow, I just wanted to say thanks, which already countless people may have given you.  plugin is truly something special...

Stay awesome. &lt;3
[/QUOTE]

Hi there! Welcome to the UE4 Community!

And you're welcome! 

:)

Dear DForsey,

Hi there! Welcome to the UE4 Forums! I am happy to have witness your first 2 posts!

I have now fixed crash (update to follow), thanks for letting me know, I’ve also deprecated the plugin version of LoadLevelInstance because is one of my BP nodes that is now in the main engine. If you have questions about the node in the main UE4 engine (it’s been live since 4.13) let me know :slight_smile:

Also everyone remember I like hearing GOOD news too.

:slight_smile: