(39) 's Extra Blueprint Nodes for You as a Plugin, No C++ Required!

It’s an that needs to be fixed by Epic. The same thing happens with a lot of plugins.

Me too!

I was quite surprised by news as well!

I hope Epic addresses !

Plugins apparently only work in content-only projects pre-packaging, but to work in a packaged build, currently, it must be a c++ project so it can recompile the plugin source code!

I do hope gets addressed by Epic and there’s absolutely nothing I can do about it, other than continue to give people my entire source code for my plugins :slight_smile:

Yeah, landscape in UE4 parlance.

I think it actually just generated the heightmaps and then did the import sequence on them ( was Torque 3D).

Wow, that’s quite surprising.

Supporting Plugins for Content-Only Projects

You can add your voice to here!

Get OS Platform

Platforms you can check for:

**Windows
Mac
Linux

PS4
XBoxOne

iOS
Android

HTML5

WIN RT
WIN RT ARM**

Enjoy!

Wiki Tutorial on Transitioning to a C++ Project

I have posted a wiki tutorial on how to change a BP-only project to C++!

It’s really really easy!

If you want to package your game and use my plugins, you will need to do , but it’s really not complicated :slight_smile:

How to Convert a BP-Only Project to a C++ Project in 8 steps

will become unnecessary once Epic resolves of only being able to use plugins in a C++ packaged game.

But in the meantime, using my guide above, you will find its not that hard!

The above guide is a non-destructive process for your original project, because you make a new one instead.

So you can’t hurt your original project by trying my guide above, and it will very likely be very easy for you!

Two New Nodes As Of 7/28/14

**Set Frame Rate

Set Frame Rate To Be Unbound!**

These two nodes can be run at any during game!

Can be part of your options menu or for testing how game behaves at low frame rates, or what the frame rate possible is with only your hardware limits!

:slight_smile:

framerateunbound.jpg

Enjoy!

Brilliant as always ! :slight_smile: Thanks.

Hee hee! Glad you like!

Enjoy the new nodes !

Update:

Blueprint Nodes Now Work in Shipping Builds

Special thanks to Lion for sending me an updated version of my plugin code that works with shipping builds!

The vertex editor mode is still there, but the BP Nodes portion is a separate module now and will compile when my nodes are included in a packaged game.

thanks Lion!

I am still getting an error when i package a game saying;
Plugin 'victoryplugin' failed to load because module 'VictoryBPLibrary' could not be found. the plugin's functionality will not be available. Please ensure the plugin is properly installed, otherwise consider disabling the plugin for  project.

Do i have to add it in the project settings, packaging area ?

Do you have a content only project? no C++ / visual studio?

If so, Epic must address , please add your weight to our movement to get Epic’s attention on :

Supporting Plugins for Content-Only Projects

You can add your voice to here!

https://answers.unrealengine.com/que…-packaged.html

Thanks ,

Yes my first project was content only ( blueprint)

I converted it to c++ and now can’t package my game with your plugins

MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (32-bit)): UnrealBuildTool: ERROR: UBT ERROR: Failed to produce item: e: est\KL_VS\Plugins\victoryplugin\Binaries\Win32\VictoryBPLibrary-Win32-Shipping-Static.lib

IN the log, it shows almost calls to the library stating

MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (32-bit)): UnrealBuildTool: e: est\KL_VS\Plugins\victoryplugin\Source\victorybplibrary\private\VictoryBPFunctionLibrary.cpp(1593) : error C2653: ‘UVictoryBPFunctionLibrary’ : is not a class or namespace name

Epic is Aware of the Content-Only Plugin

Dear Community,

Marsh of Epic has replied to me about the Plugin!

They are aware of it!

Featured Node

Trace for Closest Socket

Perform a trace against a mesh that will identify the closest socket to the trace hit location on the mesh!

8028a3610f7eacb2c5741fd27866b1d186fc6e6e.jpeg

Dear Everyone,

node gives you the distance from a point in space to the surface of a static mesh actor!

First day with the engine, switching over from mostly Unity. I’ve already bookmarked your entire signature, then browsing the forums I come into thread and see these additional nodes with source and everything! Your contributions to the community are definitely appreciated!

Will your plugins work with the 4.4 release? or will they require some updates?

Wohoo! Glad to help out!

Great to hear from you!

Welcome to UE4!

I have to update my plugin each new engine version comes out :slight_smile:

I will update it when 4.4 is officially released :slight_smile:

Get Current Operating System

annnnd

Get Milliseconds/Seconds/Minutes/Hours Passed Since Previous Recorded!

These two nodes can be used to

1. obtain the current local Operating System for your computer.

2. obtain the amount of milliseconds/seconds/minutes/hours that have passed since the you recorded for the first node! You can stores as many times as you want! They are simply stored as a string!

You can use these two nodes to record down to the sub-millisecond the amount of passing between game events!

**The milliseconds portion is a float, so you can record far smaller than 1 millisecond!

In the attached picture I record the amount of real-world between two key presses :slight_smile:

Enjoy!

Two New BP Nodes

Selection Box / Marquee / Drag Select

and

Project World Location into HUD / Screen Space!

From anywhere!!!

These are static BP library functions you can use literally anywhere!

Most likely you will want to use the Selection Box code in your HUD class, and get the initial click point / anchor point and then the drag point to plug into my BP Node.

My Selection Box node has an optional class filter if you only want your drag-select box to select certain types of actors.

Enjoy!