(39) 's Extra Blueprint Nodes for You as a Plugin, No C++ Required!

Hi,
Thanks for the plugin… it is indeed useful as it is… and also for me to understand Unreal C++ underlying code…

Btw, I am still using 4.10.4 - will only start using 4.11 when 4.11.1 appears. Therefore, I am downloading the plugin from page: A new, community-hosted Unreal Engine Wiki - Announcements - Epic Developer Community Forums
And from thread, the version known to work with 4.10 is dated 6 Feb 2016. But the file doesn’t contain source code, only binary files. So I downloaded the previous to that…which dated 15 January 2016. Now compile is fine.

However I noticed that there are missing files from source code which are GameMode (plus several other files). Are those files now are split into different projects?

Awwww thanks !

Hey John,
I created a pause button on my project, how do I make it pause when I touch it and not click on the keyboard (because there are alot of guides for that one).
I don’t even need the whole blueprint - only how to attach to that button ANY kind of command (jump, run etc…).

Thank you.

@adamwisi, in your widget design window, you should have different actions to assign in the details of your button (scroll down the details panel). Clicking the green zone with “+” adds an event which you can attach to something.

@ : since I’ve installed your plug-in, I can’t export to HTML5, and I’ve got a “WARNING root: java does not seem to exist, required for closure compiler, which is optional (define JAVA in ~/.emscripten if you want it)”. I don’t remind having it before. When I deactivate your plugin, the warning stays but export works. Note : there has been an update today (on both 4.10.4 and 4.11 preview6).

Yeah, when I suggested a “do-once-and-drop” for the preview releases, I had no idea that such radical changes were being made across incremental versions.

I’d LIKE to think that the reason for is simply that Epic is making some deep changes in advance of marketplace plugins to obviate type of thing in the future and it’s just a one-off problem with bad timing (it seems like both times Victory did weird stuff, it was in making references to other plugin libraries), but honestly who knows at point.

I can certainly say I HOPE that’s what they’re planning, because if is the sort of thing everyone with a marketplace plugin is up against, marketplace plugins are dead in the water. I mean, near as anyone can tell, nothing that broke in Victory even had anything to do with the changes Epic is making between these version numbers. It’d be one thing if a plugin was hooked into audio decoding and then that got updated, but is stuff completely unrelated to the features and bugfixes Epic has listed for these incremental updates, it seems like.

I don’t get it.

When I say I’m out of my element when it comes to coding I’m not at kidding (I had to look through the Victory source for obvious comments to figure out that // is how you comment out a line. That’s how out of my depth I am poking around in there.)

I just successfully packaged for HTML5, no issues. But that is because I could recompile for HTML5 using Visual Studio.

The problem with the new Epic policy of plugin content going in the Engine folder is that then the engine wants to compile that plugin for every platform you want to ship to, and if the original author does not include that particular build and you dont have C++ powers, then you are rather stuck, unable to use a platform if even a single plugin you are using does not ship to that platform.

So that means that the range of platforms you can ship to is the intersection of of the platforms supported by of the plugins you have installed!

Rather problematic in my opinion. I really enjoyed the project-level plugin system for its greater independence and less dependencies like .

I can include HTML5 packaged builds with future updates, but it will increase the distributable size by

Really the answer here is bananas + C++ programmers to recompile for your target platform.

I have a phrase, “Always Check Your Pointers!”

More info here:

Entry Level Guide to UE4 C++
https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Entry_Level_Guide_to_UE4_C%2B%2B

:slight_smile:

New BP Networking Node ~ IsSinglePlayer

Dear Community,

New BP Node for you!

node is great if you want to know that there is currently no networking state at , neither Dedicated, Listen, or Client, but only Standalone / Single player.

You can avoid running any multiplayer logics using node and a branch.

New Download (28mb, Media Fire)

Please note my downloads also include Win64 Development and Win32 Shipping packaged binaries.

Please see my instructions for Packaging UE4 Plugins With Your Game.

Donations can be sent to me via:

:heart:

HTML5 Packaged Build Now Supported

Dear Community,

I am now supporting** Development HTML5** as a packaged build.

Keep in mind if you want ship to mac or mobile and you dont have C++ powers, then you should not put my plugin in the Engine Directory, as it will prevent you from packaging. is true as of 4.11.6, I hope Epic can address of plugin packaging platform interdependency.

New Download (29.5mb, Media Fire)

Please note my downloads also include Development HTML, Win64 Development and Win32 Shipping packaged binaries.

G’day,
Can someone please direct me to the page where I can find the available versions to be downloaded?
I found it the other day for the life of me I can’t find it again!

Edit: Nevermind found it :slight_smile:

Edit Edit:
So I finally got a version that has popped up in my Window > Plugins bit, activated it, restarted UE4 and seems okay.
I’ve added the -
[/Script/Engine.Engine]
UnrealEdEngine=/Script/VictoryEdEngine.VictoryEdEngine
into my Project .ini as described in the wiki but it crashes my project on load :frowning:
(error attached as notepad)

The above crash has been asked a few times in the UE4 Answer Hub, but with no answers to solve it.
Any ideas, anyone? :expressionless:

Hey ,

i’m using your rebindable key source code section for my project, obvious you will be credited, thank for your awesome work :slight_smile:

The instanced static mesh editor is amazing. As small the instances dissapear if moving the blueprint or setting instancedStaticMesh to static-mobility. Is that known or I am doing something wrong? I made own actor class since couldnt find the VictoryISM-class. Using 4.10.4. Wouldnt want the instanced meshes to be moveable mobility (or does that cause much performance hit?).

Edit: Also when reloading level, the instances vanish from the blueprint. I must be doing something wrong or the 4.10.4 have some strangeness.

Edit2: Got it working now. Hadnt the victory plugin installed right. Combined newest link with 4.10 compatible files. Got rid of my issues. :slight_smile: Massive thanks for .

Now noticed the instance culling values have no effect in instanced static mesh editor. The more mesh types I convert, the more overall FPS drops. Is there some workaround for that?

Edit: Seems like its engine build related. Made a ticket: Instance Cull Distance dont work [With Repro] - Asset Creation - Unreal Engine Forums

Edit2: Nevermind - that wasnt bug. Just will use the instances more locally then. Very excited to see the results. :slight_smile:

Is there anyway of getting the plugin to work without that hot key script lines to be added to the projects .ini file?
I just want to use the ‘I’ command to join the meshes together, but adding that hot key line to the .ini file crashes it every

Sorry to keep spamming forum, I’m not getting any help in the UE4 Answer Hub as a few others have asked the same question.
I’m having serious trouble getting the Vertex Snap Editor Plugin with the VictoryPlugin.
I have just updated to the latest preview version 4.11.0 Preview 6
cb079fde0cc026e916ade9409788ac797fce84af.jpeg

Step 1) I’ve downloaded the latest VictoryPlugin from link posted above - https://www.mediafire.com/?ieovbd5l9d7yub2
Step 2) Extracted it into the folder …\Epic Games\4.11\Engine\Plugins\Runtime\VictoryPlugin
Step 3) Started a new Project and made sure the VictoryPlugin is turned on

Step 4) Downloaded the Vertex Snap Editor Plugin from A new, community-hosted Unreal Engine Wiki - Announcements - Epic Developer Community Forums
Version 03:39, 22 December 2015
Step 5) Extracted it into the folder …\Epic Games\4.11\Engine\Plugins\Runtime\VictoryEdEngine
Step 6) Loaded up my project and ticked the VictoryEdEngine plugin on

Step 7) Added the code to projects DefaultEngine.ini file
[/Script/Engine.Engine]
UnrealEdEngine=/Script/VictoryEdEngine.VictoryEdEngine
Running the Project I get the error message
55272e7b469e6d7b79da7449de95ee9a04330a04.jpeg

So I remove the code from the .ini file and I get instead
aac470ef1545708ef495e89bb8ad122f4d9cfd1f.jpeg

If I click No I get
1e6bdde7be6aaeef3294b64d294931105ecffa02.jpeg

and then it doesn’t load, just does nothing…
I’m at my end of trying things, I have no idea what I’m doing wrong? :frowning:

Hi,

I’m using the ISM plugin and I also have the blueprint library installed. The ISM is fantastic, and greatly needed for my project. is a brilliant tool, but one thing that I have found frustrating is that, when I select some static meshes and press “i”, the ISM’s that appear in the World Outliner can’t be copy/pasted, so I have to keep un-instancing them (“shift+i”) in order to duplicate modular pieces. I don’t know if its possible, but it’d be really helpful if the ISMs that are created can be copy/pasted, and even better if they were somehow written to the content browser so they looked and behaved like regular blueprints. Anyway, thanks for the tool, and do let me know if these things are available in later builds (I’m using ones from December with Ue4 v 4.10).

You dont include these lines for victory plugin, will crash your engine because you are trying to include VictoryEdEngine which is not part of the Victory BP Library any more.

Sorry for the confusion, its becuase at one VictoryEdEngine was part of Victory BP Library and now it isn’t, it is a separate download here:

VictoryEdEngine Download
https://wiki.unrealengine.com/'s_Vertex_Snap_Editor_Plugin#Victory_Ed_Engine_.7E_Vertex_Snapping_.26_Instanced_Static_Mesh_Editor

You can skip the config step entirely if you just want Victory BP Library

EDIT:

The VictoryEdEngine has not yet been updated to 4.11, because 4.11 is not out yet officially.

When it is I will update to 4.11

So you are getting crash cause you are ahead in engine version :slight_smile:

Easy way to know what current version is, I list it here (now):

https://wiki.unrealengine.com/File:VictoryEdEngine.zip

:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=ZioYuri78;486128]
Hey,

i'm using your rebindable key source code section for my project, obvious you will be credited, thank for your awesome work :)
[/QUOTE]

Yaaay! I am glad to hear that!

You’re welcome!

[QUOTE=samuelthomson;487873]
Hi, 

I'm using the ISM plugin and I also have the blueprint library installed.  The ISM is fantastic, and greatly needed for my project. .... when I select some static meshes and press "i", the ISM's that appear in the World Outliner can't be copy/pasted
[/QUOTE]

When I upgrade VictoryEdEngine to 4.11 I can check  out in greater depth! If I forget do remind me 

:)

hi ! First of your plugin is simply amazing, im loving it! I was wondering one thing, would it be possible for you to create a node that act like the “open Level” node, but without freezing the rendering, so people could draw their animated loading screen then it would not become frozen during the loading? Thanks for reading. :slight_smile:

ps: I am using level streaming for just that now, and its quite alot of trouble for as little as an animated transition between main menu and the map. It works, but I wish I could keep my maps separated without needing c++ for the loading screen.

Hi there!

Very nice to hear from you!

You can accomplish async loading by doing

ConsoleCommand
“servertravel mapname”

See pic!

I used one of my BP nodes that generates a space between string entries

Enjoy!

New BP Node ~ Get Actor In Play! How long has it been since actor was created?

Dear UE4 Community,

In latest node release I am giving you built in easy way to know how long an actor has been alive, since the it was spawned!

node does not cause any extra load on UE4, I am simply dynamically calculating the based on the actor’s creation , relative to Get World Seconds.

New Download (28mb, Media Fire)

Please note my downloads also include these packaged binaries:

1. Win64 Development
  2. Win32 Shipping
  3. HTML5 Development