Animation Class resets on characterbp when relaunching editor

Hi

I’m not 100% sure about this, but the issues is really starting to get on my nerves. So I have a parent character blueprint and 8 child character blueprints that inherit from the parent character blueprint. Every time I launch my project in editor the first child character blueprints animation class is reset (So the animation is in a tpose). This is not a major problem but i figured i’d post it anyway to see if this is actually a bug or if I’m missing something.

here is a quick screen cap of what it looks like when I launch the project in editor:

Regards, SamuelB

Has anyone else had a similar issue?

Hey Samuelb,

I’m having some trouble reproducing this on my end. Can you reproduce this in, say, the third person template project?

Hey ,
Thanks for the reply.
I Migrated the content of my project to a third person template project, i changed the third person char to use my players animations and mesh. I restarted the project and the problem wasn’t showing up. However when i viewed my 0_base char folder (which has 8 children bps) that i migrated, it copied the issue identically to the picture above. I’m not exactly sure what would be the best way to try to reproduce the issue. Could this mean something in my project is corrupted?

regard, Samuelb

Hey Samuelb,

I did some more digging and found UE-18765. It has been around for a while and we suspect it will be fixed by some refactors that we have planned.

Awesome news! Thanks , hope you have a nice spring!

regards, SamuelB

Hey Samuelb,

This is fixed in 4.17, can you check if this follow-up issue still occurs once the first preview releases?

Hey I just wanted to add that the bug has now occured in my second child character aswell. In addition to the animation being reset, the mesh rotation also resets to 0, which is kinda of a pain ,since i have my characters rotation set to -90. I’m Assuming this will also be resolved when the fix is live?

-SamuelB

Hey thanks for the reply, I’ll be sure to info you guys if the error still occurs after the update!
-Samuelb

Hey, It seems that the bug has been fixed as promised in 4.17. However i’m now getting a bug where 5% of game rounds (my players respawn in the level), the Host player spawns 90 degrees in the wrong direction on the client but on the server everything is fine. I didn’t have this issue before in 4.14.3. Is this a related bug?

-Samuelb