[BUG] Editor does not delete folders, only files inside

Really annoying bug… actually.

Have to remove folders manually through windows explorer, close editor, recompile project, open editor. To make folders finally disappear.

Hi newbprofi,

There are two bugs reported fixed in UE4.14.1 for this (or a very similar) issue: UE-11796 and UE-38752 Please make sure you are running the latest version of UE4.14 and see if you can reproduce the bug following the posted repro steps from these to links. If you can with the exact same steps, let us know and we will reopen these issues. If you have to modify the steps somewhat, please list any changes to the steps and we will open a new bug report.

Be advised that due to redirectors being left for updating purposes, this is expected behavior unless you delete items/folders following these steps: In the Content Browser, select all files in the folder you want to delete and delete them first. Then delete the folder. Then Save all.

If you try to delete the containing folder without deleting the items it contains (Even if you are attempting to delete both the folder and all items it contains at the same time) the items keep their containing directory as part of their location data, causing the directory to be recreated upon reopening the Editor.

Let me know if, when you delete the contents of the folder first, then the folder, if the folder returns as this was how the fix for the reported bug was verified.

Thanks,

i am using 4.14.0, and i figured out why this bug happens. It happens if Folder contains Subfolders. So if i delete deepest subfolders one by one, and then main folders - then it will be deleted successfully. But if i delete top folder, then subfolders and top-folder are not deleted, only items inside deleted. Folder and subfolders (or just subfolders) need contain any items (for example UMG widgets), to reproduce bug, otherwise if it initially empty, then it successfully deleted.

Anyway, when i figured out how to delete it, its not so annoying anymore. I just need delete subfolders first.