FullHD resolution bug

Hi

There is a bug with resolution. Since I can remebmer it is not working but I tried to investigate this issue. The thing is that when you set the resolution to 1920x1080 in the Advanced Settings and hit the “Standalone Game” it is 1600x900 resolution. But if you change ONLY 1 pixel in width and height 1919x1069 it is 1919x1069. You can be EXACTLY as FullHD or above because automaticly UE set the resolution to 1600x900.

Best,
Lucas

Hi Illusionray,

Could you elaborate on what you mean by “Advanced Settings”? Are you changing settings in the .ini files, console commands, etc…

In the editor, on top, left to the “Build” button. I just clicked the small arrow next to the “Play” and very bottom → Advanced Settings

Okay, so you are using the Editor Preferences. If you exceed your physical screen size it will revert back to a default setting. If you want to get around this I would recommend using console commands. Here is an example of what I used in my level blueprint to get the resolution to change and not revert.(ignore the values they are random).

123862-example.jpg

Cheers,

Ed

Yeah, I know I can put some commands but I wanted to use native UE settings because I guess they are made for it. I have FullHD resolution so I am not exceeding it. So basicly, You can`t use FullHD settings in the Advanced Settings even though you have FullHD monitor resolution?

Sure, I will use the command :slight_smile: But I wanted to point out that this is a bug and to have a look into that in the future.

Well, it would appear so. I didn’t test on a FullHD monitor but even if it doesn’t work if you can get the functionality to work with console commands that is just as legitimate of a solution.

I can enter a JIRA ticket, but it will be unlikely to be addressed soon and you will be stuck using the console commands either way.

I went ahead and logged a ticket. Unreal Engine Issues and Bug Tracker (UE-41243)

Happy Developing.