HUD class in gamemode causes compiling error

Hello Everyone,

I have a problem that just started with the latest UE4 version, 14.3 I believe.

Today I wanted to compile my project and I realized that the log was showing 38 errors, more specifically exit code 25. Desperate I tried to create empty project merging everything there, but no success.

After plenty of recompiling and experiments, everything works perfectly while compiling if in the gamemode options I select HUD class as “none”.

If, for any case, I select any hud, (I also tried to make new ones, even completely empty), the program cannot compile.

Please let me know if you have further question, I appreciate you kind help.

Thank you, Kindest Regards,

AB

Hello ardito.bryan,

I have a few questions for you that will help narrow down what issue it is that you are experiencing.

Quick questions:

1. Can you reproduce this issue in a clean project?
  2. If so, could you provide a detailed list of steps to reproduce this issue on our end?
  3. Could you provide screen shots of any blueprints/settings that may be involved with this issue?

Thank you for your prompt reply,

As you can see in my first screenshot I select my HUD drom gamemode, in this case a new blueprint I just created in order to make sure my usual HUD does not have any compiling errors or bugs.

While my second screenshot shows the list of errors. If I do not select any HUD I have no compiling errors.

Thank you,

AB

I made more research, basically I was creating a new HUD with the parent class as the one not functioning, so now that problem is solved.

The only problem left now is in the HUD blueprint, when I create the widget.

Am I doing something wrong? It has always worked this way, but now it causes compiling error.

Thank you,

AB

Could you try restarting your editor and let me know if this solves the issue with the widget not showing up. It sounds like you are running into a known issue. I have provided a link below.

Link: Unreal Engine Issues and Bug Tracker (UE-39062)

Make it a great day

Dear Rudy,

I applied the changes and even created a blank widget. It works in gameplay (picture below, the one with TextBlock in the middle of the screen), but compiling still gives me the annoying error.

It seems that no matter what kind of widget I try to assign to “Event BeginPlay”, it prevents me from compiling the entire project.

Thank you again, Kindest Regards,

AB

Additional questions:

1. Were you able to reproduce this issue in a clean project?
  2. If so, could you provide a detailed list of steps to reproduce this issue on our end?
  3. Could you provide the complete logs so that I could take a closer look?

Dear Rudy,

I solved the problem apparently, I was creating the widget from the HUD blueprint.

I am now using level blueprint to declare the widget.

Thank you again for your kind help, have a wonderful day,

Kindest Regards,

AB