Blendspace crash in 4.14 (works in 4.13)

I cannot open this blenspace in 4.14 (windows 7, epic launcher). Editor crashes with the following log:

[2016.12.06-15.03.06:198][116]LogWindows:Error: Assertion failed: TrianglesMade==2 [File:D:\Build\++UE4+Release-4.14+Compile\Sync\Engine\Source\Editor\Persona\Private\SAnimationBlendSpace.cpp] [Line: 373] 

In previous versions it worked well. Note that in the blendspace, few nodes shares the same animation: 1 and 11, 2 and 12, 6 and 7 and 8. See the “Samples” tab on the screenshot. [Zip of the .uasset][1] Animations are from MovementAnimsetPro from the marketplace.

Edit: Full trace

MachineId:DE4818304BF580BE1960EAA9B9CA0723
EpicAccountId:c75483d178184173983e8a43bc4ecaee

Assertion failed: TrianglesMade==2 [File:D:\Build++UE4+Release-4.14+Compile\Sync\Engine\Source\Editor\Persona\Private\SAnimationBlendSpace.cpp] [Line: 373]

Assertion failed: TrianglesMade==2 [File:D:\Build\++UE4+Release-4.14+Compile\Sync\Engine\Source\Editor\Persona\Private\SAnimationBlendSpace.cpp] [Line: 373] 

UE4Editor_Core!FDebug::AssertFailed() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.14+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\assertionmacros.cpp:332]
UE4Editor_Persona!FDelaunayTriangleGenerator::FlipTriangles() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.14+compile\sync\engine\source\editor\persona\private\sanimationblendspace.cpp:375]
UE4Editor_Persona!FDelaunayTriangleGenerator::GenerateTriangles() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.14+compile\sync\engine\source\editor\persona\private\sanimationblendspace.cpp:463]
UE4Editor_Persona!FDelaunayTriangleGenerator::Triangulate() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.14+compile\sync\engine\source\editor\persona\private\sanimationblendspace.cpp:153]
UE4Editor_Persona!SBlendSpaceGridWidget::ResampleData() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.14+compile\sync\engine\source\editor\persona\private\sanimationblendspace.cpp:829]
UE4Editor_Persona!SBlendSpaceEditor::UpdateBlendParameters() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.14+compile\sync\engine\source\editor\persona\private\sanimationblendspace.cpp:1476]
UE4Editor_Persona!SBlendSpaceEditor::Construct() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.14+compile\sync\engine\source\editor\persona\private\sanimationblendspace.cpp:1438]
UE4Editor_Persona!TDecl<SBlendSpaceEditor,RequiredArgs::T2RequiredArgs<TSharedRef<IPersonaPreviewScene,0> && __ptr64,TMulticastDelegate<void> & __ptr64> >::operator<<=() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.14+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\slatecore\public\widgets\declarativesyntaxsupport.h:1079]
UE4Editor_Persona!FPersonaModule::CreateEditorWidgetForAnimDocument() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.14+compile\sync\engine\source\editor\persona\private\personamodule.cpp:306]
UE4Editor_AnimationEditor!FAnimationEditor::OpenNewAnimationDocumentTab() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.14+compile\sync\engine\source\editor\animationeditor\private\animationeditor.cpp:338]
UE4Editor_AnimationEditor!FAnimationEditor::InitAnimationEditor() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.14+compile\sync\engine\source\editor\animationeditor\private\animationeditor.cpp:117]
UE4Editor_AnimationEditor!FAnimationEditorModule::CreateAnimationEditor() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.14+compile\sync\engine\source\editor\animationeditor\private\animationeditormodule.cpp:34]
UE4Editor_AssetTools!FAssetTypeActions_AnimationAsset::OpenAssetEditor() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.14+compile\sync\engine\source\developer\assettools\private\assettypeactions\assettypeactions_animationasset.cpp:127]
UE4Editor_UnrealEd!FAssetEditorManager::OpenEditorForAsset() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.14+compile\sync\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\toolkits\asseteditormanager.cpp:338]
UE4Editor_Kismet!FBlueprintEditor::OnNodeDoubleClicked() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.14+compile\sync\engine\source\editor\kismet\private\blueprinteditor.cpp:6439]
UE4Editor_Kismet!TBaseSPMethodDelegateInstance<0,FBlueprintEditor,0,TTypeWrapper<void> __cdecl(UEdGraphNode * __ptr64)>::Execute() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.14+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\public\delegates\delegateinstancesimpl.h:318]
UE4Editor_Kismet!TBaseSPMethodDelegateInstance<0,FBlueprintEditor,0,void __cdecl(UEdGraphNode * __ptr64)>::ExecuteIfSafe() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.14+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\public\delegates\delegateinstancesimpl.h:425]
UE4Editor_GraphEditor!SGraphNode::OnMouseButtonDoubleClick() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.14+compile\sync\engine\source\editor\grapheditor\private\sgraphnode.cpp:394]
UE4Editor_Slate!<lambda_eeb33fd1b480e3cad58a1531d90d2e14>::operator()() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.14+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\slate\private\framework\application\slateapplication.cpp:5404]
UE4Editor_Slate!FEventRouter::Route<FReply,FEventRouter::FBubblePolicy,FPointerEvent,<lambda_eeb33fd1b480e3cad58a1531d90d2e14> >() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.14+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\slate\private\framework\application\slateapplication.cpp:215]
UE4Editor_Slate!FSlateApplication::RoutePointerDoubleClickEvent() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.14+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\slate\private\framework\application\slateapplication.cpp:5402]
UE4Editor_Slate!FSlateApplication::ProcessMouseButtonDoubleClickEvent() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.14+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\slate\private\framework\application\slateapplication.cpp:5387]
UE4Editor_Slate!FSlateApplication::OnMouseDoubleClick() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.14+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\slate\private\framework\application\slateapplication.cpp:5365]
UE4Editor_Core!FWindowsApplication::ProcessDeferredMessage() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.14+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsapplication.cpp:1656]
UE4Editor_Core!FWindowsApplication::DeferMessage() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.14+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsapplication.cpp:2071]
UE4Editor_Core!FWindowsApplication::ProcessMessage() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.14+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsapplication.cpp:814]
UE4Editor_Core!FWindowsApplication::AppWndProc() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.14+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsapplication.cpp:678]
user32
user32
UE4Editor_Core!FWindowsPlatformMisc::PumpMessages() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.14+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsplatformmisc.cpp:951]
UE4Editor!FEngineLoop::Tick() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.14+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launchengineloop.cpp:2811]
UE4Editor!GuardedMain() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.14+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launch.cpp:152]
UE4Editor!GuardedMainWrapper() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.14+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:126]
UE4Editor!WinMain() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.14+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:202]
UE4Editor!__scrt_common_main_seh() [f:\dd\vctools\crt\vcstartup\src\startup\exe_common.inl:264]
kernel32
ntdll

Hi scha,

Can you send me the full callstack for your crash including your machine ID?

What are you doing in the blendspace when it crashes? I can’t seem to get it to crash.

Hi, I added it to the post

It happens simply when I try to open the blendspace by doubleclicking from the anim blueprint or from the content editor. The blendpace itself seems to work properly, i.e. the character can run, walk, etc.

I could send you the complete example, but as it contains the content from the marketplace i don’t think it’s good to share it publicly. Is there a way to send you that by pm?

Hey scha,

So I tracked this down and was able to repro with the asset you provided. I’ve entered UE-40003.

This issue no longer occurs in 4.15 as there have been a lot of revisions to Blenspaces, but I entered it to see if they wanted to hotfix it. I can’t guarantee it’ll get into a hotfix though.

You can track the report’s status as the issue is reviewed by our development staff. Please be aware that this issue may not be prioritized or fixed soon.

Adding or moving Blendspace nodes frequently crashes PIE, to the point that moving a single node requires several attempts.

Are you moving the blendspace nodes while in a PIE session?

Hi , no when i work in editing Blendspaces. Crashes randomly with high frequency, particularly when trying to drop an animation node into the upper left or right corner.

What engine version are you using?