Event Driven Loader checkbox doesn't respond

It’s not greyed out, and documentation doesn’t state a dependency setting?

Hey -

Thank you for submitting a bug report. I have reproduced this issue and logged a report for it here Unreal Engine Issues and Bug Tracker (UE-38347) . You can track the report’s status as the issue is reviewed by our development staff.

Cheers

Hey -

It has been brought to my attention that enabling event driven loader requires a source code distribution engine. Attempting to enable it in a binary engine will print the following warning message to the output log: “LogCoreSettings:Warning: Event Driven Loader can only be enabled in source code distributions.”

Hi ,

Is this just because it’s still marked as experimental, or will this be a requirement for the feature when it’s considered finished? Just upgraded to 4.14 with some real excitement and now I have disappoint.

Note the following line in the 4.14 notes:

EDL is currently an experimental feature and disabled by default, but can easily be enabled through Project Settings.

So this is still a problem with the new 4.14 release.
Any chance of getting this enabled with the normal engine download?

The feature is only available for source engines for 4.14. This should be updated to allow the EDL to be set for binary engine projects as well for 4.15.