UE-12896 stated as Unknown Issue?

Dear friends at Epic Games,

I was following this thread about “Preview Rendering Levels Not Being Saved” and the issue is logged as UE-12896. However, issues.unrealengine.com claims UE-12896 is an unknown issue.

Since this has not yet been fixed, I hope the issue has not been accidentally overlooked in the database. I really appreciate what Epic is doing with the continued development of UE4, and I look forward to seeing UE-12896, UE-6458 (No selection highlight in ES2), and UE-??? (No Transformation Widget In ES2, Scale Widget Half-Visible) fixed in the next update if possible. The final bug (UE-???) which references this thread, I have added step-by-step instructions to reproduce in my post there (I believe Epic Staff have not yet identified this one as a bug).

These 3 bugs, since they affect the basic functionality of preview, transformation, and selection, greatly impair development for mobile platforms with UE4.

Please consider escalating these issues higher up in the fix list. I believe if there is “lack of community interest” in these issues, that may be the direct result of few mobile games currently being developed on the most up-to-date releases of UE4 and users are otherwise unaware of them. The issues are certainly impossible to ignore in the present release of UE4.

Thank you so much for your kind attention to these matters. I truly appreciate each staff member at Epic, and all of your tireless efforts to make a great product even better is admirable.

Sincerely,
Adam Janz

Hey AJ_Graphix,

Some issues are unable to be marked for public view due to sensitive information, which is the case with this particular issue.

At this time we do not have plans for development for the issue described in UE-12896. Please keep in mind that with source code access, a programmer on your project can implement your own solution, and you are welcome to share that result with Epic for possible integration.

Have a great day

Thank you, Sean, for your reply. That is unfortunate to hear there are no plans to fix these issues. I understand most of UE4’s development is on the high-end console side of things, but it would be nice to take full advantage of UE4’s mobile features as well. If you could at least put in a word on behalf of these issues to the development team, that would be greatly appreciated. Until then, I will try to make due. Unfortunately, I am a solo developer, so I cannot hire a programmer to fix this issues.

Have a good evening, Sean.

Sincerely,
Adam Janz