T_Wood_Pine_D (starter content texture) alpha is wrong

Hi, while following through the Epic Games Material tutorial series, I came across a small issue, which initially confused myself and another learner on YouTube. I realize some of the textures have been altered/changed, but as I was following along with the closest resembling current texture, “T_Wood_Pine_D”, I realized something was severely wrong with the alpha channel. It appears to be rotated and/or vertically shifted. I checked a few other textures and I think they’re fine. I know it’s a very small issue, but this kind of thing can really cause a lot of confusion to new learners trying to follow a tutorial as closely as possible. so much, and sorry if this has already been reported. :slight_smile:

EDIT: I should mention that it’s possible this rotated/shifted alpha on the “T_Wood_Pine_D” texture was deliberate to create a unique variation in the roughness value of the associated Wood Pine material. If so, I apologize for misunderstanding. However, it would still be great if someone would clarify if that is indeed the case. and have a good day!

Hi AJ,

Thank you for submitting a bug report. The texture’s alpha channel does seem to be offset by 1024 pixels in the x and y so I entered a bug report just to be safe:

Unreal Engine Issues and Bug Tracker (UE-35889)

You can track the report’s status as the issue is reviewed by our development staff.

Cheers,

You’re welcome, Ed! And I thank you for checking on that. Have a good evening.

~Adam