Struct & Array Pins Disconnect After Saving & Reloading Project!

I’m following a great Inventory Tutorial online in which we’re using 2 Structs and 2 Arrays - Simple!

https://www…com/watch?v=2Ot5udsHFVw - The 1st of 6 in this series of videos

Everything fires off perfectly, but when I save, exit and load the project back up - all of the Struct pins and Array pins inside of my Widgets are disconnected!!!

They aren’t disconnected when I save - everything complies just fine during gameplay and in editor. But I know when I exit & load up the project - all those pins will be disconnected …AGAIN!

Love UE4, but starting to see that it’s riddled with glitches. This is unacceptable …as I can no longer rely on the engine to use Structs or Arrays inside Widget BP’s Structs and Arrays are useless to me ( when using Widgets) until this is resolved!!

This was apparently an issue going back to 4.7-4.8 - I’m currently working in 4.11

Hi ,

On the struct get nodes, did you break the output pin on the get node or did you separate it out to a separate break node? Can you show me a screenshot of the setup that is breaking connections?

Hi , thanks for the timely response …initially I broke the output pins on the get nodes of the Structs. Then I also went back and used separate break nodes (as you mentioned). Also - confirmed that my initial “Event Construct” Cast to Character is Successful.

Everything compiles & saves just fine - all fuctionality with the project is as desired. But when I Exit & reload the project - all Array pins and some Struct pins are disconnected…

It’s important to note - This is happening in the Widget!! Ref #(UE-27652)

I have arrays in other BP’s, that compile/save/exit/reload without issue - I think it’s the Widget! Something’s going on with these widgets - every legit “glitch” that I’ve experienced since 4.11 involves widgets in some way.

As always - really appreciate you looking into this

Have you tried this in 4.12 or 4.13 Preview? It looks like this may no longer be occurring in later builds. If it is, do you have any steps I can take to reproduce it on my end?

Hey …I logged in here from my partner’s account. I brought the project to his place to see if it would happen on his system.

It did, same result…

Yes, first thing I did was installed 4.12 and opened a copy of my 4.11 project in 4.12. Same result.

When I get home this evening, I’ll leave you a link to my dropbox so that you can have the project and see for yourself. Thanks again

This should work… let me know if there’s any problem

I took a look at the project and found that the error you are experiencing is likely a known issue, UE-32820. Due to sensitive information it cannot be released to the public bug tracker, but I am happy to report that it is fixed and the fix should be released in 4.13.

Hello,

What is the status of this issue ? I’m experiencing the exact same problem on version 4.12.5
Is there a workaround currently available ?

I am still getting this problem in 4.16. This is serious. Every time I open my project I have to go through multiple blueprints and reconnect the nodes.

Even worse, I get node disconnections that don’t lead to compile errors, i.e. when I’m setting one variable to equal another. So I have to manually go through every blueprint that references the offending struct. This is nearly an hour out of my day every day.

I also get this issue and have for many engine versions. It happen with me when I am casting to get a struct array from another BP (still in 4.16).

Hi everyone.

This originally reported issue was logged as UE-32820, had specific reproduction steps, and was tested and confirmed as resolved back in the 4.13 release.

I’m sorry to hear that you are still experiencing issues with pins disconnecting, and in order for us to look into this we will need new and specific reproduction steps from you. To prevent any confusion, I am going to Close this older post. If you have reproduction steps or can provide a small test project that reproduces the issue consistently, please open a new report and share the details with us.

Thanks