Struct links break

Hi

I have a problem with my structs.

1. I create a struct.
  2. I use this struct in a blueprint, and reference it in another along with a break or make node to get the variables within
  3. I change the core struct, where i edit or add a new element to the struct.
  4. After i exit and open the editor again, all links to the make or break are broken, and cause compiling issues.
  5. I recombine these links, save, close and open, and sometimes they are broken again when opened.

Hi ,

• Does this occur in a clean, blank project with no additional content or is it limited to one project?
  • What changes did you make to the struct?
  • Can you show me a screenshot of your break/make struct to see how they are being utilized?

Hello ,

This issue sounds related to UE-27652, which was an issue with editing struct variables disconnecting pins in blueprints. This issue is reported as fixed in 4.12, so open up a copy of your project there and try it out.

Let me know if that fix works for you, and if not, please recreate the issue in a clean project and provide the repro steps that you used so we can see it on our end.

Have a great day

I tried converting to 4.12
Doesn’t seem to be a problem now. Thank you :slight_smile:

Struct links still break for me and I’m on 4.12.5. Same bug as it’s always been, except now my project is much bigger and converted over from several different versions of unreal (4.10, 4.11).

Anytime I create a new variable in any struct, about 30% of the structs around my project break. I’ve noticed that the ones breaking constantly are from several widgets I’m using as menus and UI interfaces.

Quick bug fix to change name, fix redirectors, sometimes doesn’t work.

Hey FelRod,

As the original issue in the post has been resolved, I’d like you to create a new post in the bug reports section for your issue.

Please provide as much information as possible, including a detailed list of repro steps if you are able to reproduce this in a clean project.

Thanks!