No Focus in UMG

When creating a widget, you have to click the screen before you can start interacting with the widgets. For example, to click a button you have to click twice (once to focus it and once to get the button to work). This issue was present in 4.11 and 4.12, but it works fine in 4.10. I was able to reproduce it in clean projects in both 4.11 and 4.12.

Hello Terminator810,

As a quick suggestion if you set the input mode after calling set show mouse, does this make a difference?

No change.

I had this issue before, you need to connect a player controller to the target pin for the “set input mode ui only” node. I spent way too many hours debugging it before realizing it was something so simple.
I had the node in my player controller bp and was assuming that by keeping it blank, that it would reference the player controller bp(self). Seems strange that there aren’t any warnings when there isn’t anything connected to the pin.

Hello Chris528,

I am happy that you have resolved your issue. I will be accepting your last post as the answer to this thread. I also wanted to let you know that there is a report (UE-19962) in for there being no error message with the player controller is not selected. I will be sure to bump up the community interest on the report that issue. I hope that this information helps.

Make it a great day

It doesn’t work in BeginPlay (UE 4.20).

I created an event with a small delay which is triggerd in BeginPlay, and it’s working.

248604-untitled.png