Unable to Package (shipping) project for Mac with Source version of UE4

Whenever I try to package a shipping version of my project on my mac, with unreal engine 4.11 built from source it fails. The development package is built correctly.

This is the last part of the output where it fails:

MainFrameActions: Packaging (Mac): UE4Editor: [2016.04.27-12.53.01:913][  0]LogInit:Display: Success - 0 error(s), 55 warning(s)
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Mac): UE4Editor: [2016.04.27-12.53.01:913][  0]LogInit:Display:
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Mac): UE4Editor: Execution of commandlet took:  907.74 seconds
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Mac): UE4Editor: [2016.04.27-12.53.09:374][  0]LogOnline:Display: NULL: FOnlineSubsystemNull::Shutdown()
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Mac): UE4Editor: [2016.04.27-12.53.09:382][  0]LogOnline:Display: Unloading online subsystem: NULL
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Mac): CommandUtils.Run: Run: Took 1004,026263s to run UE4Editor, ExitCode=0
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Mac): Project.Cook: ********** COOK COMMAND COMPLETED **********
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Mac): Project.CopyBuildToStagingDirectory: ********** STAGE COMMAND STARTED **********
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Mac): Project.CreateStagingManifest: Creating Staging Manifest...
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Mac): Project.CleanStagingDirectory: Cleaning Stage Directory: /Users/jordi/projectes/UE-Steamroll/Steamroll/Saved/StagedBuilds/MacNoEditor
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Mac): Project.CopyManifestFilesToStageDir: Copying NonUFSFiles to staging directory: /Users/jordi/projectes/UE-Steamroll/Steamroll/Saved/StagedBuilds/MacNoEditor
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Mac): Project.CopyManifestFilesToStageDir: Copying UFSFiles to staging directory: /Users/jordi/projectes/UE-Steamroll/Steamroll/Saved/StagedBuilds/MacNoEditor
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Mac): Project.CopyBuildToStagingDirectory: ********** STAGE COMMAND COMPLETED **********
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Mac): Project.Package: ********** PACKAGE COMMAND STARTED **********
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Mac): Project.Package: ********** PACKAGE COMMAND COMPLETED **********
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Mac): Project.Archive: ********** ARCHIVE COMMAND STARTED **********
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Mac): Program.Main: ERROR: AutomationTool terminated with exception: System.IO.IOException: Win32 IO returned ERROR_ALREADY_EXISTS. Path:
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Mac):   at System.IO.File.Move (System.String sourceFileName, System.String destFileName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Mac):   at MacPlatform.ProcessArchivedProject (AutomationTool.ProjectParams Params, DeploymentContext SC) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Mac):   at Project.Archive (AutomationTool.ProjectParams Params) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Mac):   at BuildCookRun.DoBuildCookRun (AutomationTool.ProjectParams Params) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Mac):   at BuildCookRun.ExecuteBuild () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Mac):   at AutomationTool.BuildCommand.Execute () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Mac):   at AutomationTool.Automation.Execute (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 CommandsToExecute, Tools.DotNETCommon.CaselessDictionary.CaselessDictionary`1 Commands) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Mac):   at AutomationTool.Automation.Process (System.String[] CommandLine) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Mac):   at AutomationTool.Program.MainProc (System.Object Param) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Mac):   at AutomationTool.InternalUtils.RunSingleInstance (System.Func`2 Main, System.Object Param) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Mac):   at AutomationTool.Program.Main () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Mac): Program.Main: AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=1 (Error_Unknown)
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Mac): Domain_ProcessExit
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Mac): RunUAT ERROR: AutomationTool was unable to run successfully.
PackagingResults:Error: Error Unknown Error

Hi Gatherer,

Please post the entire error log. Typically when there’s an issue with the AutomationTool not being able to run, there is an Error Summary within the log.

Also, are you able to package a blank project with the source version of UE4.11?

Hi Gatherer,

After consulting with one of the Mac developer’s about your issue, it appears that something in the archive directory is read-only or there is a directory that already exists there when you try to archive it. Cleaning the archive location before doing a run will likely correct this issue.

Hi ,

We already tried deleting the whole packaging folder and started packaging from scratch and it didn’t work, same error.

Please try the following and post your results (Make a backup of your project folder first):

1. Delete your Config, Intermediate and Saved folders from your Project Folder
  2. In the Content Browser, right click on the Content folder and select, “Fix up redirectors in Folder”
  3. Rebuild and save project
  4. Try packaging again and post entire packaging log in a text file

Hi Gatherer,

Since we have not heard back from you in a while, we are marking this post “resolved” for tracking purposes. However, if you are still unable to package your project, please respond with the requested information (above) and we will continue to investigate.

Thanks,

Hi,

Did you ever find a solution to this? I’m having the same error pop up when packaging for Mac (all other platforms are fine).

Hi ,

If you’ve tried all the steps posted above, please send a text file cut and pasted from your entire Output Log when you attempt to package.

Thanks,

Hi ,

Thanks for your help. Here is the output log from packaging.

Note that I did follow the steps above, as well as try a few other things:

• Removed Saved/, Binaries/, Intermediate/, and Config/ folders
  • Removed MacNoEditor/ and Mac/ folders from Build/
  • Ensured that full rebuild was selected in packaging settings

Packaging is failing both in 4.12.4 from the launcher as well as 4.12.4 built from source.

Linux, Windows, Android, and iOS all build fine.

Would love to try any other suggestions you may have!

Thanks again,

The output log seems to point the the Derived Data Cache file. With the editor closed; delete the DerivedDataCache folder, open the Editor and try to Build for Mac again, to a designated blank folder on the desk top. If this does not work, send me the new logs or a link to your project zip file in a private message to me on our . -Thanks.

Hey ,

Since we have not heard back from you in a while we are closing this post for tracking purposes. However, if you are still having a problem packaging a shipping build, please respond with the requested information above and we will continue to troubleshoot this issue.

Thanks,

Hi ,

I sent you a zip of the project and output log via the as requested. I had not heard back from you about it. Did you have any luck figuring out what might be wrong?

FYI, the issue only happens in Shipping mode. I am able to package for Mac in Development mode fine.

Hi sypher,

I ran into the same issues when trying to build on a Mac here and have entered the following bug report to have this evaluated: UE-33304. While I cannot guarantee a time frame, I can say that either a bug will be identified and fixed for a later version of the engine or a solution to why this is happening will be provided.

In the meantime I’d suggest trying to debug in XCode. I will do the same when I get caught up with other tickets -typically I have time to work on more in-depth issues end of day Friday.

Any update on this issue? The new public tracker doesn’t seem to have UE-33304.

This is being worked on and I’ve just made it “public visible.” This ticket was entered around the launch of the Issue Tracker and wasn’t automatically set visible. Most tickets will be set visible from the outset from this point.

This has been verified fixed.

I can confirm it’s also fixed in my setup, thanks!