Minor Bug in Editor Menu Scrolling

A very minor editor bug that has existed for a while. I’m reporting it now because it’s possible you do not know of it.

The menu scrolling of the editor pane is flawed in circumstances where the size of the pane may be adjusted such as in the following example where you open a list of collision presets.

77055-bad_scroll.gif

Reproduce:

• Build any template projects.
  • Go to project preferences
  • Collision tab
  • Open up the collision preset toggle
  • Attempt to scroll the whole list with mouse wheel
  • See that scrolling is not perfect and won’t reach the bottom of the page.
  • Click scroll bar and drag it to move to the intended area. (scrolling to the top breaks it again)

Also a related bug which also proofs this bug. If you have the project preference window maximised and the collision preset is initially closed, when opened for the first time a scroll bar won’t appear, reopening will make one appear.

I believe these issues only appear for users with small monitors, having big enough monitors would show the full panel contents regardless of scroll wheel.

My apologies if you are already aware of the bug and it is just deep down in the bug fix priority.

Hi Jakey113G,

Thank you for taking the time to post this, especially with all the details! That is always appreciated!

Both of these issues have been reported with UE-11878, for the no scroll bar issue and the other one has been reported with UE-16436 for the scroll bar not going all the way to the bottom.

At the moment both of these are marked as backlogged. I’ve bumped the community interest in seeing this fixed, but that does not guarantee the priority will be changed to address it any soon.

Tim