[4.10] GearVR FirstPerson-Example crashes on server join

As soon as connecting to a server using console command “open” the app closes immediately. The logcat shows that there seems to be a SIGSEGV in the GearVR Plugin in method FGearVR::DrawDebug(UCanvas*)

I used a clean FirstPerson C++ Example to ensure that theres nothing wrong with my own code.

excerpt from logcat

Hello Ceron,

To make sure that we are seeing the exact issue that you are reporting, would it be possible for you to provide a detailed set of steps to reproduce this issue on our end and/or a simplified project that reproduces this issue?

Hello Rudy,
create a new project (C++ FirstPerson Example) and deploy that on GearVR; start a server on a desktop PC (e.g. UE4Editor.exe GearFP.uproject ?listen -game -log) wait for it to start up, finally launch the project on GearVR (developer-mode activated) open console by tapping with four fingers on the touch screen and type open SERVER_IP, hit OK and that’s the point where everything crashes

Hello Ceron,

Could you provide the project that you are using to cause this issue?

Here you go, i hope it’s helpfull https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxlfWIZN76zdZTRMMlEwbkZWVG8/view?usp=sharing
EDIT: I removed the osig files from Build/Android/assets :wink:

Hello Ceron,

I was able to reproduce this issue on our end. I have written up a report ( UE-24339) and I have submitted it to the developers for further consideration. I will provide updates at the link below with any pertinent information as it becomes available. Thank you for your time and information.

Link: Crash when connecting a Gear VR binary over the network as client & fix - Multiplayer & Networking - Epic Developer Community Forums

Note: the Reason I will be providing information at the link above is because I believe these two issues are one in the same and I will be collapsing down the threads for tracking purposes.

Make it a great day