D3D12 editor crashes when selecting bone in skeleton mode

I found a bug that seems exclusive to the D3D12 renderer of UE4. Immediately after clicking on a bone in the skeleton editing mode, the editor crashes. I was able to reproduce this every single time. But after switching back to D3D11 I have no problems. I am using the 4.9.2 version of the editor.

Hello MuchToLearn,

Can you post the callstack from the crash report that your receive? It would be helpful to know this for multiple reasons, one being to see if the issue has already been reported.

Is that what you are referring to?

Thank you for that, that is what I was asking for. This will allow me to look the crash itself up in our database and find any other occurrences. In the meantime, can you give 4.10 a try to ensure that the problem hasn’t already been fixed by the new version? Our support of DX12 is still experimental at this time so it could be possible that a change has gone in to fix this recently.

I just tested this in the D3D12 renderer of 4.10.0 and it crashed. D3D 11 worked, but I had the same issue with D3D12 as I do with 4.9.

Thank you for testing that. I can confirm that I have the same problem happening here in a windows 10 machine with DX12 enabled. I’m currently in the process of testing it on our latest internal build. If it happens there as well, I’ll put in a bug report for it. I’ll be sure to let you know when I find out.

Reproduced in the exact same way inside our latest internal build. I’ve placed a bug into our database for this issue under the number UE-24296. I’ll be sure to update you here when the issue has been marked as fixed. Keep in mind that DX12 is currently an experimental feature, but please continue to report any issues you find.

Have a nice day!