Overlap events not fired on landscapes

Just place one box collision somewhere and try moving it to overlap a landscape actor. You cannot be able to see landscape in Overlapped actors list

Hi Kheka,

Thank you for your report. This is a known issue and is in our system as UE-21433.

Is this also logged for line/sphere/boxtracing by channel?

The bug is generalized for overlap events. The line trace is different, however it has already been logged as well.

any update on this?
EDIT: Oh I see posted here on Feb 22, 2016 that

This bug report is still under
assessment by the development staff.
Unfortunately, I do not have a
timeframe of when a fix will be
implemented. I have updated the bug
report to reflect that additional
developers are experiencing this
error.

Priority++

Hi @- it’s been about a year since the bug was originally posted on answerhub. I’m wondering if there is any update or timeline on a fix.

It’s strange/unfortunate that such a low-level interaction still hasn’t been patched. None of my spells interact (hit or collide) with the landscape and I don’t know any workaround.

This issue has been marked to be fixed for an upcoming major engine release. We are aware of the issue and plan on fixing it. In the meantime we appreciate your patience and ask that you remain so until the issue has been fixed.

Once the issue has been addressed by our engineers, the fix will be added to the release notes for fixed issues within an upcoming full engine or hotfix release.

Let me know if you have further questions or need additional assistance.

Thank you,

it is targeted to be fixed in 4.13 but still unresolved: Unreal Engine Issues and Bug Tracker (UE-21433) it would be so important…

Take a look atissues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-9055 - the issue has been fixed, and is in the release branch for 4.13.

great news, thanks, it is the 2nd reason why I wait for the 4.13 non-preview release so much!