Why doesn't this cast work, until I look at the BP I am trying to cast to?

Hey, I uploaded a video here showing the bug. I can reproduce it.

I am doing the UI tute, section 7.

What happens is:

1. Attempt to cast to FirstPersonHUD
  2. Doesn’t show up in the context menu, even when context is unchecked.
  3. Go to the BP item FirstPerosonHUD in the directory, open it, and close it, without saving.
  4. Go back to the BP and try to cast to FirstPersonHUD, and now it shows up.

I think this is a cache error of some kind.

I am running OSX El Capitan 10.11

oh yeah, if i close without saving, and repeat these steps, the same thing happens.

tried this solution. it does not work. the method i have described above, simply viewing the item, solves the problem. i am interested in this problem because it is strange, and as a beginner, it really throws you off.

Thank you, I have done so. : )

You can try closing your project, going to the directory (right clicking on the project in the EpicGameLauncher you can do this quickly) and remove the entire directories Saved / Intermediate / Build (not all might be present) then launch the project again and make sure you give it some time to rebuild things like shaders and other indexes.

You might want to change this to the section Bugreports then because it does seem to be an actual bug.

Hello,

I was able to reproduce this issue on our end. I have written up a report (UE-22612) and I have submitted it to the developers for further consideration. I will provide updates with any pertinent information as it becomes available. Thank you for your time and information.

Make it a great day