Overlapping text inputs

Branch: binary installed from launcher version 4.9.1
Version: 4.9.1-2689999+++depot+UE4-Releases+4.9

Description: Opening a second browser window and putting it “strategically” behind a input like the X for brush settings so that you have the main window in front of the content browser and then trying to click on the text box for modify X on the brush settings will cause that the text of the search box of the content window come foreground instead of the X for modify this BSP cube dimensions.

Here you can see the precise placement, if you try to click on 200.0 on X it will cause to activate the browser search box.

Hi ,

I have not been able to reproduce this issue just from the image provided. Can you post a full screen shot of this?

Thanks,

Im on a mackboook air of 11" does that count? (I think you all people use big screens that doesn’t compact the UI). By the way, I think it is a problem related to overlapping windows, for example if I start a new project, then add source control, on next start where the warning is shown I can’t click none of the buttons of this little popup, so I ave this 2 options:

1. hit cmd+, and disable it there.
  2. or resize the window so that the popup and main screen doesn’t overlap.

This is also happening on preview 4.10 preview 1, so for me it is there still. Even more, some times if I have for example the plugin window and try to hit the main window, the plugin window gets called on focus instead of the main window… so I think, at less for me, it is a overlapping problem of windows on my little screen of 11", I can reproduce it in different ways… with different windows. Will try to make some screenshots and how to follow.

Here is a little video of the variants (overlapping windows) MEGA see that Im on OS X on a mba 11", don’t know if that counts (later I will remove the video).

We have tried this with our MacBook Air running UE4.9.2 and have not been able to reproduce the issue. Please try updating to this version and let us know if this fixes the issue. -Thanks.

Im on the 4.10 preview and still happens, the video is there as proof :), the “inability or luck to not reproduce a bug is not a proof that it doesn’t exist” :).

Ans sorry, can’t go back to 4.9…

What specific year and model is your Macbook Air?

For example: MacBook Air “Core i7” 1.7 11" (Early 2014) MacBookAir 6,1

-We need all of this information in order to accurately reproduce the issue on our end. If we cannot reproduce the issue here, we cannot fix the issue you are reporting. Therefore, please provide as much information as possible regarding the system you are running UE4 on.

Other examples include, but are not limited to:

1. Do you have any peripherals attached to your Macbook Air?
  2. Are you running one or more programs while you run UE4?
  3. What type of project are you running?
  4. Does this occur in a blank third person project?
  5. Any other thing you can think of, etc.

We appreciate your cooperation and patience in resolving this issue.

1. MacBook Air (11-inch, Mid 2013), OSX 10.11 (15A284), 1.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, Intel HD Graphics 5000 1536 MB.
  2. Yes, like Safari and so on, it happens if run at startup of the machine alone
  3. Im on the flying BP template, also 3rd person one
  4. Yes (if you mean third person camera?)
  5. It happen with an external monitor and without it, both in the main window and in the monitor.

The video part (not the text overlapping) is more easy to reproduce if you start for example a new from flying blueprint example, then add source control to git and do first commit, close UE4, then open it again and it should warn you about a setting you need to uncheck for reloading (the one show in the video), if you have “+” the window, you will not be able to click the buttons for this popup, until you make a little small the window as in the video.

In the video, all the time I was over a button, I did do clicks, sad that I don’t know how to show mouse clicks on the video recorder… also you can see that the mouse over behavior on this buttons is only activated on the video when the windows is resized to a little size.

Haven’t seen the code, but I argue that inside UE there is some handling of who will answer next click/focus, and maybe this raytrace is the one causing this behavior on my end.

Was thinking this could be a good way to start diving in the source code… I wonder if you could tell me some points in code where I could try to trace it/add breakpoints? (yeah, maybe is complicated, but could be a good way to actually learn a little about the source).

Hi ,

Thanks for supplying all requested information. I was able to track down that this had previously been a bug on Macbook pros that has been reported as fixed. I have entered a new bug report for the Macbook Air as JIRA: UE-22658. Although we were not able to reproduce this on our test Macbook Air, this bug will be looked at again and, when it is fixed we will update this post accordingly.

Thank you for your feedback and cooperation and addressing this bug.