Packaged game needs a Mouse Click to focus Window and start Rendering

When I run my game from within the Unreal editor everything is fine. However, when I run the packaged build, the window opens up but remains black, nothing happens, and the nouse cursor stays visible. However, as soon as I click into the window, rendering “starts” (i.e. game graphics are shown) and the mouse cursor is hidden.

This is in particular bad, because the splash screen (video) we show at game startup is not shown. When I then click into the game window, then the splash screen animation is shown, but not from the start, but somewhere in the middle of the animation (depends how long I wait until I click on the window). If I don’t klick at all, then it stays black forever.

I have the impression this started since 4.9, but I am not 100% sure on this.

Any ideas?

Hello haimat,

After doing a bit of digging I found that this is a known issue (UE-20998) and that it has been sent to the developers for further consideration. I have provided a link to the original posting of this issue, please feel free to check that link for future updates. Thank you for your time and information.

Link to original issue: [BUG] Click needed to Play Game after Movie - Cinematics & Media - Epic Developer Community Forums

Make it a great day

Thanks. By deselcting those two options mentioned in this thread it seems to work for me again.