In-App Purchase Fail Node not Executing when theres no connection

In-App Purchase fail node will not execute when theres no connection on a device (tested on iOS). Is this intended?

This is reproducable by doing the following:

1. Turn on network connection on your iOS device
  2. Log in with sandbox and buy something (should succeed)
  3. Open control center and turn off network connection
  4. Buy something again, the completion status will be stuck at success eventhough it has no connection
  5. Restarting the app will make it work again

Side note: Is there a way for me to check if a device is connected to the network? “is logged in” won’t work when the player closes the network connection while gamecenter has already logged in.

Hey ,

I am checking into this execution to see if I can reproduce it and whether or not a bug resides.

• Could you please provide me any errors or that you may have received on your device?
  • Which device are you on and what version of the operating system is the device updated to?
  • Please provide a screenshot of your blueprint set up for us to fully reproduce.

[How to get off of an iOS device][1]

Windows:

• Open iPhonePackager (Engine/DotNET/IOS)
  • Select a uproject file (Optional)
  • Select the Advance Tools tab
  • Select Other Deployment Tools…
  • Select Backup Documents…
  • Select the IPA for the game you wish to get a log for
  • The documents directory data will then be copied to Engine/DotNET/IOS/IOS_Backups or GameDir/IOS_Backups if a uproject was selected
  • The log can then be found at IOS_Backups/Game/Saved/

Mac:

• Open Xcode (Install Xcode if you have not already)
  • Open Window|Devices
  • Select the device you want to get the log off of
  • Select the app you want to get the log from
  • Select the gear icon under the app list
  • Select Download Container
  • Select a location for the container file
  • Navigate to the file via Finder
  • Right click and select Show Package Contents
  • Navigate to the location of the log (AppData/Documents/Game/Saved//)

Thank you!

A new, community-hosted Unreal Engine Wiki - Announcements - Epic Developer Community Forums

Unfortunately there was no error for it. This is because the completion status prints success but does not run the success execute pin and there wasn’t any crash.

My Device: iPhone 6 & iPad 2, OS 8.4.1

Blueprint Setup:

A. If everything is setup correctly on iTunes Connect and using a sandbox account, pressing 1 will show “Purchase Success” along with Event Tick printing out various completion status

B. However if you repeat the steps as follows:

B1. Turn on network connection on your iOS device

B2. Log in with sandbox and buy something (Will print “Purchase Success” & various completion status from Event Tick) - Correct Behavior

B3. Turn off network connection on your device

B4. Press 1 again immediately after connection is off and it will result in completion status printing “success” eventhough the success pin is not executed. This will result in getting stuck as none of the success or fail pin will execute.

Hey ,

I have submitted a report for this issue, which I’ve informed the developers of. If you’d like to check on UE-21641 in a few weeks, feel free to ask here.

Thanks!