Steps to reproduce:

1. Load up project
  2. Open gameplay map
  3. Open up the Core/TheGameSettings
  4. Click “New Variable”

Crash Log:

MachineId:898421A64CB0C9DEF1EC68A0C77D5663
EpicAccountId:d313b1a5b38a47b283929655cedbe296

Unknown exception - code 00000001 (first/second chance not available)

"Assertion failed: (Index >= 0) & (Index < ArrayNum) [File:D:\BuildFarm\buildmachine_++depot+UE4-Releases+4.8\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\Containers\Array.h] [Line: 678] 
Arra

UE4Editor_Core!FDebug::AssertFailed() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\outputdevice.cpp:355]
UE4Editor_BlueprintGraph!UK2Node::ExpandSplitPin() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\editor\blueprintgraph\private\k2node.cpp:687]
UE4Editor_BlueprintGraph!UK2Node::ExpandNode() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\editor\blueprintgraph\private\k2node.cpp:712]
UE4Editor_BlueprintGraph!UK2Node_VariableSet::ExpandNode() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\editor\blueprintgraph\private\k2node_variableset.cpp:348]
UE4Editor_KismetCompiler!FKismetCompilerContext::ExpansionStep() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\editor\kismetcompiler\private\kismetcompiler.cpp:2535]
UE4Editor_KismetCompiler!FKismetCompilerContext::ProcessOneFunctionGraph() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\editor\kismetcompiler\private\kismetcompiler.cpp:3043]
UE4Editor_KismetCompiler!FKismetCompilerContext::CreateFunctionList() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\editor\kismetcompiler\private\kismetcompiler.cpp:3132]
UE4Editor_KismetCompiler!FKismetCompilerContext::Compile() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\editor\kismetcompiler\private\kismetcompiler.cpp:3371]
UE4Editor_KismetCompiler!FKismet2CompilerModule::CompileBlueprintInner() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\editor\kismetcompiler\private\kismetcompilermodule.cpp:99]
UE4Editor_KismetCompiler!FKismet2CompilerModule::CompileBlueprint() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\editor\kismetcompiler\private\kismetcompilermodule.cpp:155]
UE4Editor_UnrealEd!FBlueprintEditorUtils::MarkBlueprintAsStructurallyModified() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\kismet2\blueprinteditorutils.cpp:2073]
UE4Editor_KismetCompiler!FUserDefinedStructureCompilerUtils::CompileStruct() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\editor\kismetcompiler\private\userdefinedstructurecompilerutils.cpp:361]
UE4Editor_KismetCompiler!FKismet2CompilerModule::CompileStructure() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\editor\kismetcompiler\private\kismetcompilermodule.cpp:128]
UE4Editor_UnrealEd!FStructureEditorUtils::CompileStructure() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\kismet2\structureeditorutils.cpp:510]
UE4Editor_UnrealEd!FStructureEditorUtils::AddVariable() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\kismet2\structureeditorutils.cpp:273]
UE4Editor_Kismet!FUserDefinedStructureLayout::OnAddNewField() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\editor\kismet\private\userdefinedstructureeditor.cpp:332]
UE4Editor_Kismet!TMemberFunctionCaller<FUserDefinedStructureLayout,FReply (__cdecl FUserDefinedStructureLayout::*)(void) __ptr64>::operator()<>() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\runtime\core\public\delegates\delegateinstanceinterface_variadics.h:161]
UE4Editor_Kismet!TTupleImpl<TIntegerSequence<> >::ApplyAfter_ExplicitReturnType<FReply,TMemberFunctionCaller<FUserDefinedStructureLayout,FReply (__cdecl FUserDefinedStructureLayout::*)(void) __ptr64> >() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\runtime\core\public\delegates\tuple.h:113]
UE4Editor_Kismet!TBaseSPMethodDelegateInstance<0,FUserDefinedStructureLayout,0,FReply __cdecl(void)>::Execute() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\runtime\core\public\delegates\delegateinstancesimpl_variadics.inl:282]
UE4Editor_Slate!TBaseDelegate<FReply>::Execute() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\runtime\core\public\delegates\delegatesignatureimpl_variadics.inl:440]
UE4Editor_Slate!SButton::OnMouseButtonUp() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\runtime\slate\private\widgets\input\sbutton.cpp:225]
UE4Editor_Slate!<lambda_de96dc3471181973108233c6db1f9843>::operator()() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\runtime\slate\private\framework\application\slateapplication.cpp:4170]
UE4Editor_Slate!FEventRouter::Route<FReply,FEventRouter::FToLeafmostPolicy,FPointerEvent,<lambda_de96dc3471181973108233c6db1f9843> >() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\runtime\slate\private\framework\application\slateapplication.cpp:212]
UE4Editor_Slate!FSlateApplication::ProcessMouseButtonUpEvent() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\runtime\slate\private\framework\application\slateapplication.cpp:4173]
UE4Editor_Slate!FSlateApplication::OnMouseUp() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\runtime\slate\private\framework\application\slateapplication.cpp:4133]
UE4Editor_Core!FWindowsApplication::ProcessDeferredMessage() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsapplication.cpp:1403]
UE4Editor_Core!FWindowsApplication::DeferMessage() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsapplication.cpp:1708]
UE4Editor_Core!FWindowsApplication::ProcessMessage() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsapplication.cpp:706]
UE4Editor_Core!FWindowsApplication::AppWndProc() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsapplication.cpp:628]
user32
user32
UE4Editor_Core!FWindowsPlatformMisc::PumpMessages() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsplatformmisc.cpp:792]
UE4Editor!FEngineLoop::Tick() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launchengineloop.cpp:2323]
UE4Editor!GuardedMain() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launch.cpp:142]
UE4Editor!GuardedMainWrapper() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:126]
UE4Editor!WinMain() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.8\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:200]

Hi ,

Thank you for the report. We have assigned one of our technicians to investigate your issue and they may post here with additional questions or comments.

Hello ,

I was able to reproduce this issue in the project that was sent. However, I have a couple of questions that will help narrow down what issue it is that you are experiencing.

Quick questions.

1. Can you reproduce this issue in a clean project?
  2. Was the project upgraded form an older version of the engine?

Sure, no problem! The project was created in 4.8.2. I was just starting to port over an existing game from XNA back in the day into UE so I created it using 4.8.2. I will have to try and see if I can do it from a clean solution. Typically, the way I work I’m doing a lot of reparenting of BP actors until I get a sense of what will work best for me from an architectural standpoint. That may have something to do with it.

Hello ,

We have not heard back from you in a few days, so we are marking this post as Resolved for tracking purposes. If you are still experiencing the issue you reported, please respond to this message with additional information and we will offer further assistance.

Thank you.

No. This shouldn’t be marked as resolved. I’m actually waiting to hear back from you all =). I’m still experiencing the issue that was reported =)

Hello ,

It appears that there was miscommunication. I waiting on the results of your tests to reproduce this issue in a clean project. Were you able to do so? If so, could you provide the steps needed to reproduce this issue on our end in a clean project?

Hey Rudy, allow me to reply even though I’m not the OP.

I had the same problem with structures crashing when trying to add a new variable, so I tried track the problem down. (I’m working with DataTables)

(edit: Sorry the formatting is messed up, don’t know how it works)

Right now, this is what I know: (clean project)

• Create structure, add variables, works fine.

• Create a DataTable from the structure, works fine.

• Modifying structure after creating the DataTable, works fine. (WITHOUT any content yet)

When does it crash?

• Add a row to the DataTable and modify it. (Leaving the default values does not make it crash, at least that’s what I’ve been seeing, not 100% sure, but like 90% sure)

• Try to add a new variable to the structure → it crashes.

If you delete the DataTable, variables can be added once again to the structure.

This is replicable in a clean project.

Hello zaaKun,

After running through the steps you provided I was able to reproduce this issue on our end. I have written up a report ( UE-19714) and I have submitted it to the developers for further consideration. I will provide updates with any pertinent information as it becomes available. Thank you for your time and information.

Make it a great day

Hi Rudy,

was this bug fixed in a later UE version?

Thank you.

Hello ,

I went ahead and double checked on this issue for you. This appears to have been fixed in 4.9. I hope that this information helps.

Make it a great day