Shot and highresshot console commands crashing iPhone

I’m finding the same thing on an iPhone 6 Plus, but it seems to work on devices that don’t support Metal. I suspect this is only happening on Metal-enabled devices. @anonymous_user_653890931 are you seeing this on a Metal-enabled device?

When I try typing the console commands “shot” or “highresshot 2” or “highresshot 1” or even “highresshot 0.5” I get an immediate crash on my iPhone. This is occurring with all projects.

Steps to reproduce:

1. create new flying project
  2. deploy project to iPhone
  3. pull up console with 4 finger tap
  4. type “shot” or “highresshot 1” or “highresshot 2” in the console command without the quotes and press enter
  5. app crashes

Could someone confirm if these screenshot commands are supported on the iPhone? I would prefer that the highresshot console command work as I would like my users to be able to take quality screenshots that they can share or use as wallpaper. The “shot” command is not needed and only mentioned to prove that this problem is occurring on more than just the highresshot command.

This looks to be accurate . I was trying this on my (which is metal enabled) and it was crashing. I tried this on my iPhone 4S and no crashes (however I’m still not sure where it is trying to save these screenshots on the phone, any ideas?)

Hi all,

Be advised I was able to reproduce this issue internally, using the repro steps provided. I have put in a ticket for this report; for tracking purposes the number is UE-18224. I will update this thread when I have more information about when its status.

Thanks!

Any updates on this bug? I am also still interested to know where these screenshots are currently being saved on non-metal (and when this is fixed, metal devices as well) iPhones. Could I get an answer on this? Thanks :slight_smile:

Hey PaladinDawnfire,

UE-18224 is currently set to a level 3 priority, which is considered normal. Those priority 2 and above will take priority over this issue. With that being said, it’s currently backlogged and unresolved.

Please check back in a few weeks if you’d like to receive another update.

Thanks!

Any updates? Still very interested in using this feature on mobile iOS devices. Also still very much would like to know where these screenshots are saving so that I can let my users share and view them later.

UE-18224 is still unresolved and backlogged at this time. Please continue checking in for updates as we release them.

Thanks!

Any updates

[UE-18224][1] was closed out as a duplicate of [UE-14515][2]. UE-14515 has been closed out as a cannot reproduce in 4.12. So this shouldn’t be occurring in versions 4.12 and beyond.

Thanks!

Unreal Engine Issues and Bug Tracker (UE-18224)
[2]: Unreal Engine Issues and Bug Tracker (UE-14515)