Widget Events have to be rebound after renaming them

Hello,
Not sure if it’s a bug or done by design.
Create a new widget > Add it to the viewport > Add an image to the widget canvas > Bind OnMouseButtonDown Event to it that will print a string.
Now this event will work correctly until you rename the function to something more descriptive, like PrintString_btn, then you’ll have to rebind the function to the image even though it’s already bound.

48160-eventbinding.jpg

Hello aristides,

After reading over your post I remember that this is a known issue (UE-17763) and that it has been sent to the developers for further consideration. I have provided a link below to the original posting. You can go there for updates. I will be sure to bump the community interest for this issue. Thank you for your time and information.

Link: Changing Names on Binds stops function - UI - Epic Developer Community Forums

Make it a great day

Ahhhhhh just spent a day troubleshooting this. Still an issue.

Hello buttweasle,

I went ahead and double checked on this issue for you. You are correct this issues status has not been upgraded to fixed as of yet. I will be sure to bump up the community interest for this issue. Thank you for your time and information.

Make it a great day