[4.7.6] widget focus navigation broken for some multi-monitor setups

Build: 4.7.6, built from source

Description: Moving the widget focus via arrow keys does not work if your main display is on the right of your secondary monitor. This is due to a bug in slate’s FHittestGrid, so it applies to game and editor UI alike.

“FHittestGrid::FindFocusableWidget()” receives a “SweptRect” in coordinates relative to “GridOrigin” and then goes on to compare that to the geometry stored in “WidgetsCachedThisFrame” which is relative to the primary screen.

Repro Steps:

1. make your right monitor your main display (“Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Display\Change display settings”)
  2. open “Project Settings → Project - Description”
  3. try to navigate the input fields via arrow keys

Hello ,

Could you please elaborate on what the expected result would be for navigating through the project settings and how it is different from what it is that you are experiencing? I have tested this with each monitor as my main in it’s turn and I did not find any apparent differences.

If one of the input widgets has keyboard focus (eg. “Company Name”) I should be able to move to the one below (“Homepage”) by pressing the down arrow key.
This does not work for me if my main screen is set to the right. I’ve tested this on two systems (windows 7 + 8) - changing the “main display” setting immediately fixes/triggers this problem. I’m attaching a screenshot of my settings - resolutions are different between the two displays (1920x1080 and 1680x1050)

[Of course I’m not concerned about the project settings, the same issue prevents navigation of our game UI via keyboard/gamepad]

Hello ,

I was able to reproduce this issue on our end. I have written up a report ( UE-16805) and I have submitted it to the developers for further consideration. I will provide updates with any pertinent information as it becomes available. Thank you for your time and information.

Make it a great day

What happens if you restart the editor after changing it?

The effect is immediate and permanent. Restarting does not change anything.

Here’s the patch I’m using to fix the issue (use with caution, can’t say I have a full understanding of all the widget geometry transformations going on…)link text