Widgetcomponent problem in mobile

Hello everyone.I am experiencing problems when trying to use widgetcomponent.
I add widgetcomponent to Actor,it seems no problem in Preview Rendering Level—>Shader Model 5 as shown below:

45355-1.jpg

But when I changed the settings to Preview Rendering Level—>Mobile/HTML 5,the progressbar appears to shift a lot,as shown below:

45357-3.jpg

Is this a bug?And how to solve this problem?
Thanks in advance everyone!

The widgetcomponent was added to the cube, not the character.

Hello ,

I was unable to reproduce this issue on our end. I have a few questions that will help narrow down what issue it is that you are experiencing.

Quick questions:

1. Can you reproduce this issue in a clean project?
  2. If so, could you provide a detailed list of steps in order to reproduce this issue on our end?
  3. Could you provide screen shots of any blueprints that may be involved with this issue?

I can reproduce this issue in a clean project,my UE4Editor was compiled with the version 4.7.6 source code.But I cann’t reproduce this issue in a clean project with the UE4Editor downloaded from Epic Games Launcher.
The detailed list of steps to reproduce this issue:
1.Create Project with the ThirdPerson template.
2.Create a WidgetBluprint and add a ProgressBar:

3.Add widgetcomponent to a cube,the cube had no blueprint:

45572-22.jpg

4.Play the level,it seems like normal:

45573-23.jpg

5.Change the Setting to Preview Rendering Level—>Mobile/HTML 5 and play again,the issue come back:

45574-44.jpg

The final step to reproduce this issue was missing:
6.Change the Settings to Engine Scalability Settings—>Low.
The most important steps to reproduce the issue is Step 3(set the UI Space to Screen),Step 5 and Step 6! I can also reproduce the issue on the MAC,followed the above steps! Maybe you can try it!

Hello ,

I was still unable to reproduce this issue on our end. I tried different scalability settings on both the PC and the MAC. I see that you mentioned downloading the engine from source. Could you provide any changes that have been made in code that could be affecting your widget?

Fortunately this issue can not be reproduced on the IOS device, maybe this issue can only be reproduced in the editor!
In the above steps,I reproduced the issue in UE4Editor downloaded from Epic Games Launcher,which had no C++ source code.So I have not made any changes which would affect the widget.
It was really strange that you can not reproduced this issue followed the above steps!
My UE4Editor version is 4.7.6,maybe this issue can only be reproduced in 4.7.6?

Hello ,

Would it be possible for you to provide a zipped down copy of your project so that I could take a closer look at it?

OK.

After you open the project,you should set the Preview Rendering Level to Mobile/HTML 5 and the Engine Scalability Settings to Low.Thank you!

Hello ,

Unfortunately, even after downloading the project and testing it both on a PC and a Mac I was unable to see the result that you are seeing. Have you thought about using the “Convert World Location to Screen Location” node on a normal widget as a possible work around?

Hello ,

We have not heard back from you in a few days, so we are marking this post as Resolved for tracking purposes. If you are still experiencing the issue you reported, please respond to this message with additional information and we will offer further assistance.

Thank you.

Sorry,I was very busy recently.I have tried to use “Convert World Location to Screen Location”,but it didn’t work.Since it can not be reproduced on the IOS device,I have ignored the issue! Maybe I can test the issue in 4.8!
Thank you!

Hello ,

Could you test this in 4.8.1 and let us know if the issue still occurs on the latest version of the engine?

I have installed 4.8.1 and I found the issue can be reproduced both in Mobile Preview and Shader Model 5 Preview!

Hello ,

I was able to reproduce this issue on our end. I ran it in PIE mode and was able to reproduce this issue. I have written up a report (UE-17838) and I have submitted it to the developers for further consideration. I will provide updates with any pertinent information as it becomes available. Thank you for your time and information.

Make it a great day

Thank you! I’ll wait for the new version of UE4Editor!