Deleted classes are still visible in Editor [steps to reproduce incl.]

There is a problem with deleted C++ classes, which are still visible in “All classes” and in Content Browser even if a class is already removed.
Steps to reproduce:

1. Using today’s 4.8 branch source code from github. Compile it (VS2013, dev. editor, win64, all by default), start editor.
  2. New project->C+±>Basic code (template doesn’t matter), Desktop / Console, Maximum Quality, No Starter Content (though, I don’t think it’s matter), press Create Project.
  3. Re-open editor (why it’s do not reopen automatically??)
  4. Select created project. Rebuild UE4Editor-ProjectName.dll if message dialogbox appears. Waiting…
  5. Okay, here we go. File->New C++ Class. Choose Parent Class - Actor. Next. Create Class. Waiting…
  6. Okay, lets assume I made error and want to delete it. What I do (at least, steps which are obvious for me)?

6.1. Right Mouse Click on “MyActor” in content browser - delete is disabled (why?).

6.2. Right Mouse Click on “MyActor” in “All Classes” - no any popup at all. Okay, switch to Visual Studio, and delete MyActor.cpp/h there. Done. Also delete these files in project’s source folder. Done. Switch back to Editor. Press Compile. Compiles fine, but still, “MyActor” visible in content browser and also in “All classes”. Tried to find buttons like “Refresh assets” or something like this in content browser/all classes but no success. And only reloading project resolves this issue.

P.S. Please also let me know what’s status of UE-15769 and UE-15322 in terms of 4.8 Preview.

Hey Krakean-

When you delete a class you also need to remove the reference of the class from the project. The best way to do this to go to where the header and source files are located in the project directory and delete these files. After deleting them you then need to right click on the .uproject file and select the “Generate Visual Studio project files” option. This will update the Visual Studio solution file and remove the reference to the delete class. As for the status of the two items you mentioned, the fixes we’ve implemented for both should be included in the final release of 4.8. If they are still an issue please let us know and we will reopen them.

Cheers

As for the status of the two items you mentioned, the fixes we’ve implemented for both should be included in the final release of 4.8
How can I get access to fixes for these issues?

And why these fixes not in 4.8 branch on github?

It’s possible that the build you have from github is from before the fixes went in. I’ve confirmed the fix has been applied to an internal build and will be included by the final release of 4.8

Thanks , I’ll check it.