Array 3D widget positions

• Make an array of vectors
  • Set “Show 3D Widget” to true
  • Drop BP into map ( because you can’t click and drag widgets in BP, which is another bug )
  • Manually set values for a few different points
  • Compile and save
  • Delete the temporary instance in the map
  • Drop a new instance in with the modified defaults
  • Widgets are displayed in incorrect locations in BP ( they still work fine for application )

Black background is in the map editor with correct positions.

Grey background is in the BP editor with incorrect positions.

Looks like they show up in other blueprints that don’t even have that vector array.

37722-widget_otherbp.png

Hi Taisaku,

Thank you for the report. I created JIRA report UE-13384 for the issue where the widgets are different in the blueprint viewport vs when placed in the level. Our developers will be investigating the issue further and we will post here with updates as we have them.

I also entered a Feature Request for the ability to translate the widgets inside of the blueprint instead of having to set them manually.

Cheers,

TJ

was this fixed ? It is also/still present in 4.9

I’m not sure, i had to change the way I did my path, im using scene components instead of a vector array (probably less efficient, but it works)

Hey guys,

This is still not fixed but it is being investigated and has moved up in priority.

This is still present in 4.14, I have an array of FVectors in my component and cannot see any editor widgets for them in the blueprint viewport. Has any progress been made on this since 2015?

Hi Cavechild,

This is still an open JIRA in our system. I updated my original answer to include the link to the public JIRA version. Please feel free to vote on it.

This was also reconfirmed as an issue in our latest internal build and our devs were made aware.