Can't get actor components to replicate from client to server

I’m having trouble getting my Blueprint actor component to replicate from the client to the server. To give a clear picture of what is going on, I’m spawning a floor as the main Blueprint Actor at runtime, and then allowing the player to attach/snap component walls to the main Blueprint actor.

The main Blueprint Actor (onto which the component walls are added) replicates without issue for both the client and server, and the server to client replication is also working, but I’m having issues with replicating the actor components from the client to the server.

I am able to get the components (walls) to spawn locally for the client (with some difficulty), but they aren’t replicating on the server at all, and collision for the components (for the client) lasts for about 1 second before the player is able to pass through the meshes (so they aren’t even behaving correctly on the client).

The main Blueprint Actor (the floor) is spawned from the default character pawn, but the components are spawned from inside the main Blueprint actor blueprint, so I’m thinking this could be the issue.

There is very little documentation available on replicating actor components, and I’ve looked at [this Answerhub post][1]. As stated in the linked Answerhub post, the “Component Replicates” radio checkbox listed in the UE documentation (pictured below) does not seem to exist (and/or I can’t seem to find it).

35575-components_checkbox.jpg

Here is the relevant portion of my Blueprint setup that is called inside of the Blueprint Actor graph. I have set the “Replicates” option for SpawnServerWall event to “Run on Server.” The “SpawnMulticastWall” event is set to “Multicast.” I have tried setting the “reliable” checkbox to both true and false, with no discernible difference.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

There isn’t client-to-server replication in UE. UE has bi-directional RPC and server-to-client replication, that’s all.