Can't Reimport Texture From FBX Import

I am not able to use the reimport function on a texture that was imported through an FBX file. The FBX file is FBX 2014, from a model created in Maya LT 2015. I imported the model by right-clicking the blank space in Content Browser and choosing “Import to Game”. I select the FBX file (in this case, G:\Eternal\Media\Maya\FBX\TestCube.fbx). I leave all import settings as default (meaning import texture/material is checked). The model, texture, and material all import fine.

The problem comes when I right-click the texture file (in this case: G:\Eternal\Media\Textures\TestBrick.png) in the Content Browser and choose Reimport. Even though I have drastically changed the texture in Photoshop, the texture remains the same. If I double-click the texture to look at the details, I see that Source File Path is referencing the FBX model file and NOT the actual texture. See the image.

I believe that the file path should, instead, be pointing to my texture. The way it works now, I would have then import the texture manually, and override the old one. I don’t believe I did anything wrong, so this appears like a bug to me. Please help.

Hi!

Try copy to clipboard your path G:\Eternal\Media\Textures\TestBrick.png. Then in texture editor in Details, place cursor on Source File Path and press right mouse button. In dropdown menu choose Paste. And press Reimport.

Thank you, that is a nice trick. However, this still seems like a bug to me.

Hey cyberreality -

We have a bug already begin investigated regarding these issues, for reference UE-4989. I have added you information to the bug report and increased the community interest. I will make sure that as we investigate I will update you with any further information.

Thank You

Thank you! Is it possible to automate this process until the fix will be released? I don’t need the full path - just to place a texture name there instead of FBX path (name). Example: after fbx import change Source File Path from MyFbxName.fbx to MYTextureName.tga