Device Gravity Not Consistent from Android / iOS

I’m pulling the devices Gravity sensor for Android and iOS and noticed there is a difference of 90 degrees between the two. I would like help trying to adjust in a specific manner. Please look at the blueprint below:

When I call the MakeRotationFromAxes and break the Yaw I get values such as (0 → 90 → 180/-180 → -90 → 0) as I rotate. Those values are from my iPAD. Now when I fire up the Android I get values such as (-90 → 0 → 90 → 180/-180 → -90). So everything is off on the Android by -90 degrees. Now, this is easy for me to fix if I just subtract 90 from the Yaw for Android specific devices but I would really like to fix the Gravity vector being returned so my MakeRotationFromAxes yields the same result. I’m a bit unfamiliar with the values of Gravity in axis form so I would like to know how I can make this adjustment prior to calling MakeRotationFromAxes.

Thank you for your time!

After trying a few things it seems to be consistent when I take the output of Gravity and RotateVectorAroundAxis (Z) by 90 degrees. That yields the same result I can then plug into MakeRotationFromAxes.

Hello

I was able to reproduce the 90 degree difference between devices on our end and I have written up a report ( UE-11553). I have submitted it to the developers for further consideration. I will provide updates with any pertinent information as it becomes available.

Make it a great day