OpenGL 4.3 mode on Linux bugs

OpenGL 4.3 mode on Linux does not work for all settings. The screen is black. I could pinpoint the problem.

1. Problem is, in the Engine Scalability Level the Anti-Aliasing level makes screen goes black after level medium. That means Epic and High does not work. (Screen Black). Everything below High works. I guess either the shader or OpenGL commands are used wrong.
  2. The (Sphere/Cube) reflections are the other problem. Makes almost everything black too. Use in console. Setting r.ReflectionEnvironment = 0 will “fix” that problem. Here the same.

This is all tested for Elemental/Matinee Fight Demo in OpenGL 4.3 mode inside the Linux Editor. Hope that helps you fixing those bugs.

Hey Yaakuro-

Sorry for the delayed response. Are you still experiencing the same problem on the latest version of the engine? How are you changing/setting the scalability? Do you see the same behavior in projects created on Linux rather than copied over from Windows? Let us know if there is any additional information you can add to help me reproduce this on my machine.

Cheers

Hey Yaakuro-

After additional testing I was able to reproduce the screen going black after opening a project. This has been bugged as UE-13814 for further investigation.

Cheers

Hi

Thx for checking it. Is there a way to know when UE-13814 will be reported as fixed?

Yaakuro

I will make a post here with an update once there is more information on the status of the bug.

I have the same problem with the last Unreal version and with OpenGL4.5:
57837-- editor unreal_006.png

But, when i play the level, i can see all:

, this bug have to been that this other bug UE-18641 ?

Hey SalahAdDin-

This appears independent of UE-18641 as that issue seems to be about texture samples. This issue is still open however I don’t have any update on when this will be fixed. Though it may not be ideal the best solution for now would be to set engine scalibility below High.

Can you show me how do it ? Thanks.

Clicking the Settings button in the toolbar opens a menu where you can find Engine Scalability Settings. Here you can change the settings as needed.