Sculpting Landscape in World Space?

I noticed after importing a landscape to UE4 at 1000% Z scale, that the sculpting tools become very difficult to work with due to the adjustments working in local space. ie, scaling with the landscape.

Would it be possible to have an option under the sculpting pane to allow sculpting via world space. So a tool strength of 1, will lift the terrain by the same amount no matter what the landscapes Z scale.

If this was possible and implemented it would be of great use.

Thanks for reading!

Hi ,

I’m a little confused, After creating a landscape and using the sculpt tool at 1.0 strength, the tool seems to raise th elandscape the same amount both with a landscape at 100,100,100 scale and 1000,1000,1000 scale. Can you give me an example of what you are seeing so I can reproduce this on my end and see what you mean? Thank you!

I am using a landscape of 2017x2017. 100% X&Y scale and 1000% Z scale, to allow for 5km total height range. If i use the sculpt tool 256 size, falloff at 0.5 and 0.1 Strength on a landscape with 1000% z scale, it barely does anything.

Whereas if I rescale the same landscape to 100% z scale, with the same tool settings, it affects the landscape fine.

Thanks for the reply!

EDIT: I think it may just be an issue with using a small brush and low sensitivity. If i use a brush of 256 and a strength of anything lower than 0.1, it does nothing. However, if i increase the brush size it works fine.

Hi ,

I was able to reproduce this and have entered a bug report, UE-6873 to be assessed by the development staff.

Thanks a lot! Much appreciated.