How to create a minimap with UMG?

I tried using an image, but it doesn’t take a render target texture, so I’m wondering what the UMG workflow is to do this. Thanks.

Hello ,

After looking into the issue, I have found that an image with the capability to use a render target texture may be a reasonable request. Thank you for your input. I have submitted a feature request (UE-4630) to the development team. I will provide updates with any pertinent information as it becomes available. I hope this helps.

Make it a great day

That’s great to hear, Rudy. Thank you.

Hello ,

I gave this another shot and I was able to produce a minimap in just over 50 steps. I have created a tutorial and I am going to attach it to this post. UMG MMap I hope this helps

Make it a great day

It works! Thanks for taking the time to do this. I noticed the first step was for 4.6, but I got it to work for 4.5.1. The only thing I couldn’t do was set the compression settings to TC_UserInterface2D, which I guess will be a 4.6 setting.

hello ,
Thanks for your tutorial, But

1. what to do if my level contains roof and player is playing below that, what should I do if I don’t want to render roof in my camera.
  2. I am doing this for multiplayers so I want small trangular indicator for the player with different colors. And that should be visible on network.

Can you please help me.

Hi, I am not the one who made the tutorial. It was Rudy. Unfortunately, I’m not sure how to do what you want. You should make a new question and someone might help you.

ohh okay thankyou :slight_smile:

Hello ,

I agree with , this question seem different enough to warrant a new question. However, I do have a couple of quick suggestions/reading material for you to look over that may be able to help you out.

Custom depth:

in-unreal-4/

Opacity Material:

If neither of these links provide you with a solution or the means to produce one please start up a new question and post a link here and I will be more than happy to assist you further.

Make it a great day

Oh! I didn’t realize that I needed to set up a material for UMG.

You are a lifesaver Rudy! Thank you very much!

Thank you so much! You solved my problem as well! :smiley:

![alt text]Do not link1
?