UMG image starts to disappear after rotating

I didn’t see that this was logged anywhere so I thought I’d mention it.

If you add an image and rotate it near the parent widget’s edge, parts of the image start to disappear while other parts draw beyond the boundaries of the parent widget. It probably has to do with an algorithm forgetting about rotation and all the travesties that brings. Seems like a simple enough fix though this is coming from an amateur programmer. Below I’ve captured some screens from my environment, which contains a nested Canvas Panel with a series of images contained within.

Standard position

Rotated 35 degrees in the same position

Moved to a new position very close to the border of the panel, showcasing the bug in question. I suppose the real question is if this is functioning as intended.

Behaving as expected in regards to masking/not rendering the image.

Hello Colbinator,

Thank you for all the information you have given about the issue. I have submitted a report to the developers (Jira UE-4659)

Cheers

Hi Rudy, if this bug is from October 2014, why is it still not fixed?

Hello ,

You’re correct, the current status of this issue has not been changed to fixed as of this time. However, I assure you that the developers are looking into problem. Please keep in mind that there are many factors that go into the resolution of an issue and any one of these can delay the progression/implementation of a solution.

Make it a great day

I’ve just encountered this problem as well.

Is there any word on when a fix for this will be implemented? This post is two years old now!

Hello Bob3DGames,

I have provided a link to the public tracker below. Feel free to use the provided link for future updates.

Link: Unreal Engine Issues and Bug Tracker (UE-4659)

Make it a great day

Thanks! :slight_smile:

It would be really awesome if people who are experiencing this problem could upvote the issue in the issue tracker to help let Unreal know that we’d love it fixed!

Vote here: → UE-4659

Voted.
I’m struggling like a donkey to work my way around a similar problem.

I have created some kind of tooltip using UMG to display what the player is looking at, and I wanted to rotate the picture based on the model rotation. Simple enough, right? but the problem I have is if I do that, the VerticalBox doesn’t account for the rotation (Size To Content option should make the box resize automatically). The picture is either cropped or out of the canvas. Also, the other elements aren’t adjusting accordingly.
This bug is a pain.

Can’t believe such a major issue is ignored for more than two years. I can’t work around this problem and whole my user interface implementation is blocked.

Upvoted the issue. Please fix soon!