180 turn / Set Relative Rotation

Hey , Here’s how I went about solving this in quick test:

As always with Blueprints, there’ll be other ways of achieving the same thing, but this seems like it might be what you’re looking for. The Timeline float just goes from 0 to 1 in 0.5 seconds, and is used to lerp from one rotation value to another.

There are two main things that were needed: Firstly, an FPS pawn’s camera rotation is determined by the player controller’s control rotation rather than the actual actor rotation, so that’s the value you need to change if you want the FPS view to change direction. The other key thing is that the initial control rotation is set to a variable just before the Timeline plays, so it’s blending from one fixed rotation to another that’s offset by 180 degrees - so no need to worry about frame rate affecting precision. Hope this helps.

[=;102856]
It’s not hope, I knew I needed to multiple the timeline value by around 8.5-9 and tried values around all around the 8.6 - 8.8 range and 8.72 produced the most accurate results with the least amount of overshoot and undershoot.

I’ll give your suggestion a go, but I’m still going to be approximating the rotation multiplication value and hope Epic can resolve the Set Rotation issue itself.
[/]

No, you will be multiplying by how much you want the final rotation to be.

Lets say your timeline only has time for a couple ticks going from 0-1, lets say at 0, .25, .8, 1. So you would get (0-0)*180 + (.25-0)*180 + (.8-.25)*180 + (1-.8)*180 = 0+45+99+36 = 180

This is good stuff to know when, and how you deal with delta time on event tick also

Ah, sorry DH, I thought you meant this :slight_smile:

Thank you and , I’ll play with both solutions so I can get a better feel for things.