Remote Control Web Interface Failed to Launch

Hi, I am trying to get the Remote Control Web Interface to work on my machine (I am using UE 5.2. I create a new project, and add the appropriate plugins(Remote Control API and the Remote Control Web Interface) however when this happens the WebApp fails. These are the logs after I add the plugins:

LogRemoteControl: Web Remote Control WebSocket server started on port 30020
LogRemoteControlWebInterface: [Pending] Launching Remote Control Web Interface
LogRemoteControlWebInterface: WebApp started, initial launch will take longer as it will be building the WebApp
LogRemoteControlWebInterface: [Pending] Launching Remote Control Web Interface - \UE_5.2\Engine\Plugins\VirtualProduction\RemoteControlWebInterface\WebApp\Node-v16.17.0 was unexpected at this time.
LogRemoteControlWebInterface: Error: [Failure] Failed to Launch the Remote Control Web Interface - WebApp exited

After this if I restart Unreal Engine and the last error message just repeats with none of the previous messages. I am not sure what it means by the node version was unexpected at this time. This is a fresh install of Unreal Engine and I have installed node v16.17.0 as that was the version in the start.bat located in the web interface webapp folder. Even with these it does not work. But I don’t understand why only the failed information appears when I reboot. This is a fresh install of unreal engine and an almost fresh install of windows. This works on another machine I tested this on. Any help would be much appreciated, Thanks

I ran into something like this before an solved it by deleting the Node-v16.17.0 folder
in Program Files\Epic Games\UE_5.3\Plugins\VirtualProduction\RemoteControlWebInterface\WebApp, and running Start.bat manually.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply, even with this I boot unreal engine and get the same issue.
I’m starting to think it might be because I have 5.2 and am considering downloading 5.3 in the hopes that it somehow fixes the issue.

When deleteing the node folder and running the start.bat file, the editor still produces the same error

Having the same issue.
My node.js is the currect vers(14.15.5) as mentiond in documentation, but still cant get it work… anyone got the solutiuon?
Thx