Jiggling in UE 5.2

All,
I’ve updated from 5.1 to 5.2 and I’m now experiencing jiggling issues:

My setup is one of a TFPS (so no additional meshes to differentiate FP from TP).

The weird thing is that this happens only in a packaged game and in 5.2, no issues in 5.1 nor in 5.2 in editor.

Would someone have a clue on what I should be looking for?

Thanks…
r.

2 Likes

Someone outside the forum noticed that the gun (attached to hand_r) actually isn’t jiggling, so it might not be an animation issue, rather, some kind of graphical one?

I’m also having the same problem, no workaround yet, going crazy.

Went back to 5.1.1. I don’t know what kind of report I could even make out of this.

I found that in version 5.2, the Near Clip Plane property is invalid, maybe the jitter is related to this.

What do you mean with invalid? I don’t have that project in 5.2 anymore so can’t check atm.

Still there in 5.2.1. I really would love to know what (if anything) I can try to solve this.

I have exactly the same kind of issue. Since version 5.2 (and this persists with 5.3.1), there is a problem with animations on modular characters or which have attached objects. This bug only appears on packaged versions (no problems in the viewport). This is extremely visible when the FPS is low.

I’ve tried a lot of things, but so far I haven’t found a workaround. Any help is welcome.

Here is an example with a modular character (the glasses are attached and the movement is correct, but the rest of the mesh is buggy)

Not sure if it’s related to this issue, but I think that a bug report concerning our problem was posted, with a target fix for 5.4 : Unreal Engine Issues and Bug Tracker (UE-191796)

2 Likes

It could be, good call. After 5 months of having no solution available I went down the route of merging skeletal meshes into one so I could avoid using the Leader Pose. This solved the issue.

Adding myself to the pile of frustrated people here.

However, I have it in the Editor too. I tried replacing Leader Post Component with a Copy Pose AnimBP but that didn’t really help, as well as the other suggestions mentioned here. Nothing worked.

Please vote for the bug on the link Frakatchoo posted.

If anyone has UDN access and could tell us if there’s any other workaround or git commit to fix this with a custom engine please let us know.

Nothing worked.

Merging of meshes does, but I understand this is an extra step that some might not necessarily want to go to.

Doesn’t support morphs and I need those, unfortunately.

And it shouldn’t be necessary to begin with, hope it’s fixed with 5.4…

5.4 preview has been released, the bug report indicates that it is fixed, I haven’t tried it yet, but is the problem fixed on your side?