Modular Desert Ruins

Hi all,

I’ve finished this set of modular ruins and I’m asking you for some feedback :wink: The focus was on modularity of the props to allow users to create different setups. I will use all the feedback you can give me for my next project. Thanks, everybody!

Video:
[video]Desert Ruins - YouTube

Looks really sharp man!

Hey! This is really gorgeous man :wink:

Could you give more infos about the assets ? Number…texture size…etc…want to know moar!

This is because the assets are well done… you can’t see the modularity because the overall look is homogeneous. Think about it :wink:

I love this. I want this. I wanna study how you did the materials. Great job.

Very well done! :smiley:

A ruined Roman temple I’m guessing?

EDIT: I’m looking at this again… I want to walk around in it…

Nice! I will take that as reference and create my own one! Thx friend :3

That’s what she said !! :cool:

Yep same, WE WANT TO WALK IN IT ASAP !!!

macoll already answered this, I couldn’t have said it better myself :slight_smile: And I kind of expect ruins to be… well… ruined :slight_smile:

Thanks guys, I’m really glad you like it! :wink:

Merci, monsieur :wink: At the end of the video you can see all the elements of the set, I think it’s around 20. I was trying to use as little different meshes as possible so the textures could be bigger, while keeping the memory footprint relatively small. Most of the textures are 2k. I decided to go with 2k because of VR - looks so much better than 1k when your nose is 2 inches away from the surface :slight_smile: And I didn’t want to use detail normal/color maps, I think it doesn’t look as good in VR. But I will do a memory optimization pass and I might still use them in the end, we’ll see…

I was such in a hurry to answer you about the quality of your props that i stopped at 1’30… Sry for that :wink: Thanks!

When can we expect to see this on the Marketplace?

Soon, I’ve already sent the first submission, should be getting the response this week. I’m not familiar with the new reviewing system yet, but I hope it shouldn’t take more than 2 weeks for the whole thing.

Hey, since you have submitted, don’t forget to open a thread at the marketplace forum with all the infos and the link to your video, my 2 cents :wink:

Modeling, texturing are top notch :smiley:

Really like this pack :slight_smile:

The scene in the showcase is gorgeous and the music fits like a glove. The only thing that need more attention is the video presentation. For a better presentation, fade out the audio track at the end of the video and add some information about the pack (author, pack name, website if any, etc).

Good idea! I’ll post it there as soon as it’s released to avoid having two posts (wip and released).

Excellent point :slight_smile: I am aware of it, I just don’t have access to any good video editing tools at the moment… I did this one in VirtualDub :slight_smile:
Are there any tools that you recommend?

Well, for basics stuff like adding text and such, you can use Windows Movie Maker that come with Windows. It’s basic but it get the job done rather easily :slight_smile: