Delete LOD

Somehow, it seems there is still no way to delete LODs from meshes. If you add an LOD to a mesh, it cannot be removed. Not even reimporting the mesh will get rid of it.
Apparently the only solution right now is to create an entirely different object and delete the old one, which is not exactly a clean solution. Especially if the mesh was being used.

Just to clarify, are you talking about static or skeletal meshes?

Static Meshes.

+1
It is really annoying, please put it asap

Understood, I made sure this was entered in our bug database! Thanks for the report.

for delete LOD.

Hurray!!!

LODs can of course be removed with LOD Settings -> Number of LODs -> Apply Changes. Does that solve your problem?

1 Like

That option only works when Simplygon is integrated into the editor. Currently the only way to remove a LOD imported already is to reimport the base mesh and start clean.

Are there any updates on this annoying problem?

Any updates ???

Remove LOD feature requested please !

Still nothing?

Hey everyone,

We have the ticket here that you can track the status of here: Unreal Engine Issues and Bug Tracker (UE-25591)

Feel free to vote on the issue as well.

Thanks!

In the meantime i found a workaround that appears to work:
Just copy settings from mesh without lods and paste on mesh with lods. Then reexport with new lods. It should work without loosing models in the scene (it happened, if I created asset completely again).

438b062aa6124cbd7259de4b82ec0e264173f052.jpeg

Please Epic Games. Why do we even have to vote for that? It’s mandatory to be able to export LODs, and to being able to actually removing single LODs.

nice workaround, thanks, but I also voted…

Also voted

Can’t imagine this is hard to implement, but without it, creates a decent sized hassle for devs

this as well. exporting LODs is also needed!

While currently there is no “direct” method for exporting LODs from the Static Mesh Editor, it can be done through the Merge Actor Tool

Select an Actor in your Scene, then…

Menu Bar–>Windows–>Developer Tools–>Merge Actors–>LOD Selection Type—>Use Specific LOD Level

Untitled-1.png