Build of Editor fails on Arch Linux

Hi guys. I am trying to build UE4Editor on Arch Linux. Unfortunally the build process of the Editor (i.e. “make UE4Editor”) fails at a certain stage.

I’m getting the following error message:

[853/862] Link libUE4Editor-WorldBrowser.so
-------- End Detailed Actions Stats -----------------------------------------------------------
ERROR: UBT ERROR: Failed to produce item: <MY_HOME>/Development/UnrealEngine/Engine/Binaries/Linux/libUE4Editor-Renderer.so
Total build time: 2667.29 seconds
Makefile:193: recipe for target 'UE4Editor' failed

Thus the linking of libUE4Editor-Renderer.so with libUE4Editor-WorldBrowser seems to fail. Build of Linux Debug version (make UE4Editor-Linux-Debug) but it is quite slow thus I want to use the release build. Does anyone know how to fix my issue?

I’m having the same problem on a Fedora 23 laptop with a discreet NVIDIA card, but which uses optimus (bumblebee/optirun/primus). The odd thing is that it builds just fine on another laptop I have that uses the discreet card exclusively; i.e. with integrated graphics disabled. Another thing is that I was able to build the editor just fine in previous releases on the optimus laptop, although I can’t remember what version that was and it was on Fedora 22. I’m still looking for a solution.

Good news! I think I may have found a workaround. Check out my answer for your question on the AnswerHub: Build of UE4Editor on Arch Linux fails - Platform & Builds - Epic Developer Community Forums