Multilanguage

Hi,

I read
Creating A Localization Ready Game in UE4: Part 1-Text - Unreal Engine and FText | Unreal Engine Documentation,
but I really lost and don’t understand.

For example: I have a Text variable in a Widget Blueprint with the value “Weapons” and I like to change to “Armas” if the user chooses play in spanish.

I really don’t know how to do it and I search and search.

Cheers!

Bump. (ten characters min)

you have thought about using the function
select string or work with if?

I’m sorry, I don’t understand what you’re asking me.

make a video for you https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BquD3X2rrw

@8shadow8, I’m hoping that is joke.

@KlSKE, just enable Localization dashboard in editor preferences > experimental, after that just open it through window > localization dashboard.

There you have premade target “Game” click on it, after that you need set Gathering from packages, expand that and click on plus symbol and after your “projectName” just write “Content/*” (without quotes). At bottom of the window you have “Cultures”, just add what culuters you want, click on Gather and after finishing it just click on “edit translations” for your culture. When you have been done with translations, hit Compile button under actions (or Compile All). And you don’t need any target dependecies so you can uncheck everything there.

It’s really nice tool for translations and if you want change it, just send through BP command “LANG=es” or whatever language you will be using :slight_smile:

If you will use variable type Text, it’ll automaticly gather values and let you translate them like you want.

I’m sorry, but that is a bad way to do this.

Thank you so much!