Water World Map & Piracy Mod

Water World Map & Piracy Mod
What is the story behind Water World?

• The planet has lost its axis rotation and now the survivors of the huge tidal waves and overflowing and twirling shifting seas have made there life upon a blue unforgiving plane of exsistance. Oxygen is a must as the life was not as before. The sea is a opaque field with its life and treasures hidden beneath. You will have to rely on your seafaring ways to keep alive. As most advancements are now forged from beneath the water.

Water World Map:

• Multiple offshore scattered coves to hide, wait, siege, harvest at.
  • 3-5 islands to harvest and scavenge from. Some islands will have ark drops but beware! A maze is setup that drops a ark drop in center! Don’t get lost for you might not just be the only one entering this maze of the lost souls.
  • Custom Bouyancy for custom blueprinted boats.
  • Most valuable developemental items for player progression are now underwater.
  • Underwater Caves offer a alternative to islands to build with limited room.

Piracy Mod:
New Items:

• Blunderbuss Pistol(Loaded using crafted stone bullets and requires flint to reload.)
  • Flintlock Rifle(Loaded using crafted stone bullets and requires flint to reload.)
  • Underwater Speargun(Tranquilizer and non-Tranq)
  • Trident Weapon
  • Swashbuckler Sword(Close Range Combat)
  • Player Controlled Anchored Cannons(Uses Stone Cannons and requires wick from thatch and gunpowder to fire)
  • New Armors to reflect the Era(Undecided)
  • Create a barge to build on and live off of!
  • Create Boats with and without cannons. (Maybe a flamethrower weapon that deals DoT out the front.)
  • Water Explosives(Buoyant Barrels filled with highly combustible materials)Can Shoot to blow them up manually*
  • Fishing for crustaceans and fish. (Fishing TrapsHarvests over time)
  • Diving Flippers(Grab your sea-legs and explore quicker underwater)

How will the design affect normal game-play compared to the island when the two are combined?

• You will need to spend points per level into oxygen to reap the rewards of this new ocean world. Most valuable assets above wood and normal stone must be farmed or mined from below the sea. This includes metal as metal will be used to make cannons and pirate ships/sailboats as well as certain weapons.
  • Pearls from the ocean will be used for currency for random npc vendors throughout the world to barter for items and resources.
  • Creates interactive npc story-line to ensure even singeplayer does not feel as void alone.

Current Progression:
Working on first Island and started work on custom blueprints for a flintlock rifle. Will Upload a picture once finished on first island.

Disclaimer:
This map mod is a create as i go along for who knows how long till i get everything set. If you have any ideas i would love to hear them or if you would like to help the creation let me know. I am new to this much modifying and as is a learning process, again if you are interested in helping let me know. I have no plans to enter this into the contest as who knows how long to get the mod and game finished.
The map and mod will be seperate in workshop whenever uploading time comes along.

Day 1 progress on map:
Base Layout of mainland of island complete
Offshore Cove Created(Underwater Cave to be incorporated.)
201f2278289bdbab0a3d0ecddb02084f6ce66c60.jpeg

4169105b76a9a380a382b7ef3346d61cf1c74b5a.jpeg

Opening underneath will connect to a cave going under the island. Cave location #1.

Mod Items Collected:
Due Respects Deserved Towards:

Flintlock rifle

Blunderbuss Pistol:
49b7655b9eee85c85e8f3ff3e97be87375844426.jpeg

Cannon not textured yet:

Really nice work there !

Glad to see so many maps pop up on this subforum :slight_smile: I know someone who is making a pirates mod too, seems like he will have some competition.

Not so much a pirate mod but pirate era items. As i did not want to go too advanced into technology as it didnt fit the gameplay i wanted. My inspiration was the movie water world. The piracy mod is just a placeholder name. But perhaps we will be using alot of the same model ideas i suppose! =D The mod will work as a primitive mod does that restricts and removes certain blueprints. Your Mad Mars;Mad Max Esque gave me my inspiration actually.

Just need someone to make a Dune movie inspired map and farm alot of Spice! =P

**** drunken master i was adding a maze to my map as well but yours looks better since its a mesh model mines made of terrain XD
quick question though what subsection are those huge rocks in because the ultimate rocks on my map look super tiny

They are Pre-exsisting mesh/models within ark dev kit. I simply Resized the usable ones. If you resize some of the boulders i think they were or either cave parts too large… They look like **** because texture stretching.