Android Disabling Plugins Warrning

When I want to disable plugins and I package a project on Shipping or Development I get warnings on app startup on the device.

Default Property warnings and errors:
Error: CDO Constructor (PaperSprite): Failed to find /Paper2D/MaskedUnlitSpriteMaterial

Error: CDO Constructor (PaperSprite): Failed to find /Paper2D/OpaqueUnlitSpriteMaterial

Error: CDO Constructor (PaperFlipBook): Failed to find /Paper2D/MaskedUnlitSpriteMaterial

Error: CDO Constructor (PaperTerrainComponent): Failed to find /Paper2D/DefaultPaperTerrainMaterial

Error: CDO Constructor (PaperTileMap): Failed to find /Paper2D/MaskedUnlitSpriteMaterial

Error: CDO Constructor (PaperTileMapComponent): Failed to find /Paper2D/MaskedUnlitSpriteMaterial

Then when I hit OK it works fine.

Thing is I’m not even using Paper2D. How the hell should I turn off this plugin properly to save this 20 MB?

Hi Z-enzyme,

Is this a code based (C++) project or only Blueprint? Turning off the plugin will stop it packaging the assets but if it is a Blueprint project the binary included in the APK will still have the plugin compiled into it. A code based project will relink without the plugin code so the dependency on the assets. You can turn your content only project into a code project by just adding an empty class to it. Right click in content browser and select “New C++ Class”, leave the parent as none, click next, and give it a name and click create class. Now it should compile and link without the plugin code.

It’s a blueprint project.

Well, I’ll give it a try, thanks.

Worked like a charm. Thanks a lot.

This helped me, too. Though, I was packing for Windows without Paper2D and LeapMotion. Actually I almost disabled every plugin, but only these two caused this warning.