[Question] Will you allow some kind of modding in c++ ?

Hello devs !

Will you allow modders to use c++ to modify some parts of the game or create new mechanics ?

answered my question about the access to the c++ codebase and told me it won’t be possible but hinted that some kind of modding in c++ might be possible.

bump. This question is asked a lot and we would love to have it answered.

It was mentioned at some point that source code will eventually be made available but that is up to the developers to make that huge commitment. In doing so, even though UE4 might not be fully compatible with editing the code, like an IDE like visual studio or your handy dandy text editor will do the job.

Sadly this will not be supported in the near term. :frowning:

Thankfully you can do a lot inside blueprint as it is now and even more later as more ark specific functions/variables get exposed.

Awesome to hear that you will be exposing things for us, every time I look at blueprints in ARK it just doesn’t seem like there is much possible that I can tweak or change coding wise.

me too for me are blueprints a lot limited :frowning:

can we add our own custom C++ and execute it? But not edit the games?

That’s the question i asked, and they said it won’t be possible. But they will expose some functions to the blueprint system (which is pretty powerfull).

Thanks BorisDos for the answer, that’s all we wanted to know :slight_smile:

I can understand code (C#, C++, Java, JavaScript, HTML, CSS, JSX, JSON, etc…) BUT I can not understand any blueprinting, well I also never tried because I don’t think blueprinting is a real coding language. Please add C++ programming to it.