Announcement: Discontinuing the public Trello board

Hello, all! I have a Marketplace announcement: We’re going to discontinue the use of the Marketplace Trello on June 25th, and starting today, we will no longer add new items to the public voting. This will dramatically speed up the time from submission to publishing by removing 2 to 4 weeks of time for each approved submission, which is a direct response to your community requests to be able to get more content, better, and faster!

I’d like to explain our reasons for this. When the Marketplace originally launched, we opened the public Trello boards as a way to understand what type of content the community is looking for, and to give them a view into what’s in the Marketplace submissions queue. As the Marketplace has grown and matured, we’ve seen activity migrate toward the forums and quickly outpace the public Trello boards. Content creators have been interacting directly with the community, listening to their requests, developing content based on community input, and setting up their own ongoing support threads for content they’ve published. This became especially pronounced after we announced that Unreal Engine 4 is going free at the 2015 Game Developer’s Conference, as demand and interest in developing UE4 projects with Marketplace content skyrocketed. The message we’ve gotten from the community has been “publish content faster and let us vote with our wallets!”

Well, you asked, and we’re listening. :slight_smile: After June 25th, we’ll close the public Trello boards. All submissions currently in the queue will skip Trello and be scheduled for publishing sooner. In the near future we’ll launch a “Coming Soon” section of the Marketplace so you can view upcoming content and discuss it on the forums, where the Marketplace content creators are active, listening, and engaging with the community. We have ongoing threads where you can post your content requests for creators, support threads for creators to answer questions and receive feedback, as well as giving feedback and suggestions on the Marketplace itself. It’s a thriving, vibrant community that’s constantly surprising us with its creativity and ingenuity, and you can interact directly with the people making the magic. Even if you’re not actively developing a project, it’s a great place to go get your daily inspiration.

This is one of the many Marketplace improvements we have in the pipeline to make everything easier for content creators and game developers. More on these developments soon!

Fantastic news! It could be disappointing to see an item on the trello for weeks, when you have a use for it. The waiting game was killer. I am glad you came up with a way to expedite the process. Keep up the great work!

So once something passes Epic’s internal quality check, it gets scheduled for release?

Thank you, Arixsus! :slight_smile:

Yes, that is correct.

Wonderful! I had a feeling this was coming due to the Trello’s lack of activity recently. We appreciate that you and your team implemented our feedback. We hope this helps with the marketplace growth. This personally gives me more incentive to develop content, because when it is done it has a short QA wait before it has its place on the marketplace.

This is great news, have to hand it to the marketplace team for always implementing feedback in an efficient manner. Well done. =)

This is great! It’s wonderful to see the Marketplace change to reflect what the community wants and needs.

Great news! Pass on my thanks to the whole marketplace team, you guys are doing a superb job. =)

You know!:rolleyes: I was getting used to that thing! Now where I will go to find the “Coming Soon” section for Materials, Effects, Blueprints, Models, Templates, Environments, Animations, Audio with all your pictures and detailed descriptions before being released?:confused:

You can check out the release blogs for marketplace content, or the forums if the author has created a support thread. =)

:slight_smile: I like it! I have little schedule" of new stuff to make and I’m glad that I could subtract 1 “empty” month from each release!

Well, I think new section will cover this!

I think it will have same presentation pictures, video and information that trello had, so no problems here :slight_smile:

I hope this helps the submission process. I submitted my first content months ago and after following the required steps it never even got to the voting page. I understand you want to keep the highest level of quality, but having no response it is a bit disorienting. The annoying thing is that I see right now some others people selling the exact product I tried to sell and none of them have what I was asked to provide (video tutorials showing how to use the product, etc)

EDIT:
I was contacted by a marketplace representative. It was just a mistake.
All sorted out, thanks.

I’m sorry to hear this has happened – can you send an email to marketplace-support@unrealengine.com with the name of your submission so we can find out what happened?

Much better and faster :smiley: