(0xc000007b) Error on Epic Games Launcher

First off i just want to appologies if in the wrong spot, im new to unreal and the forums.

As for the problem at hand, i realize that there’s been several answered posts regarding the same problem, but ive spend at least an hour looking at all the solutions on youtube and the forums, trying every one of them and having them all fail.
Yesterday is the first time ive ever downloaded the U4 because of the fact it was now free, but its dissapointing that im having so much trouble, and i realize the problem in with my computer, I used my friends mac labtop to download it and it worked just fine on that, so im hoping someone will have a solution that’ll actualy work for me, thanks for you time, and help.

Take a look at thread: https://answers.unrealengine/questions/12975/unreal-engine-wont-launch-error-code-0xc000007b.html
The long post will explain you how to solve it :slight_smile:

I read his solution and gave it a shot but nothing changed, i can post the DWalker log if that helps.

Hi MrCarmichael,

We have noticed that resurfaced and it seems that the old solution isn’t working for everyone. Please keep an eye on these two post:

https://answers.unrealengine/questions/182325/application-error-0xc000007b.html

https://answers.unrealengine/questions/183363/epic-games-launcher-the-when-you-start-0xc0000007b.html

Cheers,

TJ

Guys!! My english sucks cos im from Chile, but i want to give u all the final solution to f…ing error.

First of all, download file

<Link removed my mod, see post for more details>

You can find location by right clicking epic game launcher shorcut and then open file location.

After , problem is solved.

Hope you can play =)

If trick solve your problem let me know and add me ingame :smiley:

bye

worked for me, while the other solutions like reinstall visual c++ and directx and .NET haven’t.

Thank you!

Edit: Now I have when I try to launch Unreal Engine though

i downloaded the file and extracted it to Win64 (so now Win64 has CrashReportClient.exe, EpicGamesLauncher.exe, UnrealEngineLauncher.exe, UnrealVersionSelector.exe, and the Error (0xc000007b) file i just extracted) but it still doesnt open, do i need to restart or something?

you are an absolute legend i have had problem for multiple games which now just work when i put those files with the exe

I have removed the links above using Mediafire since the download contained files that can be obtained from the actual installation package, and it is never a good idea to download files that do not come from official sources.

Just a quick reminder that while case was different, posting links containing installation files from UE4 on an open website is prohibited. case contained files from Microsoft for a freely available download, but out of an abundance of caution I have removed the links. Please use the link below to download the files if necessaary.

The download above contained the Microsoft DirectX 2010 Redistributable package, which can be found here:
://www.microsoft/en-ca/download/details.aspx?id=8109

Be sure to install it before trying to install the UE4 launcher, even if it is already installed there is a the package was installed by a game using a slightly older version. Try if you are having difficulties.

Thanks!

Thank you , now I don’t have the link of Ugroch… I don’t now what dll’s I have to take from your link since it’s an exe and I don’t know where it put it’s files :frowning:
Sorry for bad english

can i get the file,download has been removed … thanks

link???Plzzz provide link!!!

If you have the 0xc000007b error then launching launcher… What i did was replace the d3dcompiler.dll in my computer with a new one that i downloaded and it started working.
dll path c:\windows\System32

where’s download link and it is directx ?

In my case, since I had formatted my computer, I was missing winrar, after downloading, the lancher worked normally. Download in link: https://www.win-rar/download.html?&L=0