Physics? Are they possible, with unreal development kit 4?

Just thinking out loud here but are physics possible with both 3d and 2d in unreal development kit?

I am slightly confused by this title.

There is no Unreal Development Kit 4. We have the UDK (which was the dev kit based on Unreal Engine 3) and Unreal Engine 4. Nothing else.

Regarding physics… They are a main part in both of them. Depending on what you want to create you might have to modify it a bit but basic gravity, friction and all different kinds of collision response (e.g. bouncing) are part of it by default. More advanced stuff like rotating the source of gravity, having actors which are the origin of gravity and stuff like that is a bit more advanced and you will most likely have to go into C++ but it certainly is possible.

Speaking only about UE4 now. It’s open source (**NOPE! **the sourcecode is available that’s what I mean). You can do everything if you’re skilled enough.

Edit: Very very sorry. You have full access to the source code. It’s not in fact open source!

It is NOT OPEN SOURCE … it is subscription free. Please check your facts … being a moderator I would expect you to know the difference. Check the EULA that you agreed to … it is NOT OPEN SOURCE.

Sorry but there is another thread on the go where the person thinks the Unreal Engine is now open source … the EULA for Unreal Engine completely violates the Open Source standards.

The thread in question: https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?60652-You-spooked-everyone-Epic&p=234907&viewfull=1#post234907